kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

18 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

The old friend-turned-enemy must be Mordo, since he doesn't know Wanda yet. 

I think Strange probably met Wanda somewhere along the line, if nothing else at Stark's funeral,though he probably does not know her well.

But yeah, Mordo is going to be Strange's main Human opponent,since Mordo in the comics was pretty much to Strange what the Joker was to Batman" easily his main arch human  archenemy.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

OK so Mordo is one of the Villians.

No surprise there, since Mordo was Dr Strange's Human Arch Enemy in the comics...

Yep, but it seems this movie is going to have a lot of characters, and it all indicates that Nightmare is going to be the villain, so i thought they would save Mordo for the third movie. 

If WandaVision is somehow a set-up for the arc Disassembled where Wanda goes crazy after losting her childrens, Multiverse of Madness could be an event movie, but even if it's not, it already has the concept of multiverse that can already open the door for many possibilities. 

16 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Yep, but it seems this movie is going to have a lot of characters, and it all indicates that Nightmare is going to be the villain, so i thought they would save Mordo for the third movie. 

Mordo's  M.O. was to make an alliance with a non human supernatural entity when he took on Strange,which is what I suspect is going to happen here; he will team up with Nightmare. Pretty much standard in the Dr Strange comics.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, andersonhoran said:

If WandaVision is somehow a set-up for the arc Disassembled where Wanda goes crazy after losting her childrens, Multiverse of Madness could be an event movie, but even if it's not, it already has the concept of multiverse that can already open the door for many possibilities. 

I think they have to be careful with the Multiverse concept, it could easily be a total mess, or it might become a cheap McGuffin.

Of course Wanda going crazy has been a pretty big MaGuffin in the Marvle Universe; remember "NO MORE MUTANTS EVER!"

It is amusing though, it's the Olsen Twins kid sister who is now making a career in Hollywood.

13 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

No. He can find other roles any time he wants. 

I see that this was a joke went right over your head.

I like RDJ, but no doubt Dolittle is going to a pretty big setback in his post MCU career. Problem is his performance is getting blasted as one of the worst things about the film, so it's not a case of a good actor doing his best with a bad script.

On 1/14/2020 at 3:35 PM, andersonhoran said:

I know Derrickson made it known that Nightmare was a villain he wanted to play around with but is there anything indicating he's going to be the big bad beyond that? (I haven't followed the rumors on this one very closely, just caught a few set pics from WandaVision).  Maybe one of the creative differences he backed out over was Marvel trying to tie Wanda back to the entity from her comic book origin; ie. Chthon.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyK said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nope, it was not destroyed,,remember when Cap time travelled to return all the stones to their proper place?

And the Timestone was located within the Eye Of Agommato, which Dr Strange generally wears around his neck....

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Nope, it was not destroyed,,remember when Cap time travelled to return all the stones to their proper place?

And the Timestone was located within the Eye Of Agommato, which Dr Strange generally wears around his neck....

The Time Stone that powered the Stark Gauntlet was returned to another timeline. The main timeline's Time Stone was reduced to atoms by Thanos. The main timeline has 0/6 intact stones in it.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The Time Stone that powered the Stark Gauntlet was returned to another timeline. The main timeline's Time Stone was reduced to atoms by Thanos. The main timeline has 0/6 intact stones in it.

I was really going by the Dr Strange comics where the Timestone is part of the Eye Of Agametto. SO in the MCU the Eye is not an Infinty Stone?

But anyway, in the MCU the Stones were not destroyed, which was my main point. Pretry sure Strange could get either use his magic powers to travel between timelines or get some Pym Particles to do the job.

Edited by dudalb

46 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I was really going by the Dr Strange comics where the Timestone is part of the Eye Of Agametto. SO in the MCU the Eye is not an Infinty Stone?

It is. It was still destroyed by Thanos in the main MCU timeline and the ones they took from the past were returned to their proper timelines by Cap.

You didn’t see the films?

Just now, VenomXXR said:

It is. It was still destroyed by Thanos in the main MCU timeline and the ones they took from the past were returned to their proper timelines by Cap.

You didn’t see the films?

Yes. Just a bit confused about the Eye, since that is pretty much standard equipment for Dr Strange

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JB33 said:

@dudalb brings up a good point though. This movie will take place after Endgame, aka a point in time when there are no infinity stones. The eye of Agamotto is pretty much useless now.

The Russo's made it a point to say that the stones are "reduced to atoms" but what they are can never truly be destroyed. So, somehow, they'll be remade. 

• Like 2