kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

57 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The answer obviously can’t be “as much as he wants”, because he would still have to tie Scarlet Witch and the multiverse into it, while also making sure he doesn’t do anything that might blatantly contradict the rest of the MCU, or that might go against what Feige has planned. 

They're obviously not going to throw out their plans and the script and start over from scratch. There simply isn't time. Actors have already been cast and arranged their schedules, pre-production has surely already designed a bunch of characters and setpieces and locations. Filming locations have already been scouted and reserved. (I'm guessing?)

Maybe Raimi will have some different ideas, either story focuses or even endings/outcomes for certain characters, and if he does, he can pitch them to Feige, and it'll be up to Kevin to decide if he wants to go with those changes or not.

While the braintrust at Marvel has a pretty good idea of whats going to happen in the MCU over the next 5 years, it's not all 100% set in stone. Scenes get cut from MCU movies all the time. Reshoots change things. Entire characters disappear.

There's still time for Raimi to make this his movie, but the story will surely still be Feige's overall story.

• Like 2

Can’t say I particularly care about this news personally. I think this will be like Civil War in terms of event status and connection to other properties, and I was totally ready for Feige to hire some rando and ghost direct it. On the other hand I don’t have any objection to Raimi if Feige thinks that the culture fit will work. Neutral on it, like I was neutral on Derrickson.    

And of two options I’m personally neutral about, gotta consider the one that evidently has a lot of other people hyped to be an upgrade.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

2 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I've been getting the sense this was the case since Comic Con, when Scarlet Witch was promoted as the sequel's female lead, and McAdams was not mentioned or seen among all the Endgame festivities.

Question is, why?

Scarlet Witch is unlikely to be the female lead, she’ll probably be supporting protagonist or antagonist with Clea as the female lead.

2 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

New Natalie Portman, she should've been Clea. 

So... McAdams will be back as Mighty Dr. Strange in the fourquel?

• Like 1

This is coming from one of the biggest Scott Derrickson’s fans out there, I absolutely love his style and that goes ways back from Doctor Strange. With that said, this is excellent news. Raimi back in the superhero game in a film that blends that genre with horror is the best possible outcome for this. Even I as a Derrickson fan can’t deny that this is indeed an upgrade.

For those thinking that Raimi would be denied creative freedom: Raimi is arguably one of the legends of both the superhero and horror genre. Derrickson is in a lot of ways an up and coming voice within the genre and WB would be crazy of not nabbing him for their more supernatural superhero projects, but Raimi’s brand alone will guarantee that he gets to make the film he wants to make. Raimi is coming with the ball rolling, but he is one hell of an excellent addition to Marvel Studios staple of directors.

Just now, TMP said:

Tobey should be Uncle Ben 👍 

I'd have to laugh if joining the MCU is what brought him back to acting. I read an interview with him last year where he said no one's offered him anything since 2014 and has been exclusively producing stuff since.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zatt was right said:

Derrickson is in a lot of ways an up and coming voice within the genre and WB would be crazy of not nabbing him for their more supernatural superhero projects

Derrickson's really not that good of a director though lmao. There's so many better choices to handle those films, assuming Bad Robot even gets the ball rolling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2