kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I like Dafoe, but just can't see him as any Villian in the Dr.Strange universe, certainly not Nightmare , who seems (along with Mordo) to be the big bad in this film.

What about Umar? Might make sense to have her as a villain if they're planning to introduce Clea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

What about Umar? Might make sense to have her as a villain if they're planning to introduce Clea.

Umar would make a great villainess. But Nightmare is a better one, and apparently he was penciled in for this one. Save Umar for the next film.

And Catherine Zeta Jones in the role.

This will be what we call a "soft reboot" in tone and style.

My bet is that Feige asked the very experienced Raimi for a professional favor to help save a close-to-filming production while dangling another Marvel carrot for the future (that Raimi would get even more creative control over)... which could very well be a live-action Spidey- or other Marvel-Multiverse film.  Secret Wars, anyone?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's this, the third writer?  Either way, it's clear that Feige has "A Vision" (whom I expect to see in a cameo) and that he wants his own take.  And hey, can't blame the guy...it's worked out pretty well thus far.  It's just getting boring.  Let's hope Raimi can add some panache. 

4 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I've just ordered the Ditko run, so Raimi needs to stay put. I am stanning a Cumberbatch movie for you.

Are we all ready for yet another discussion of how genuinely excellent Spider-Man 3 is?

Image result for spider man 3 gif harry

Prepare to be amazed. I think his run on Strange might be.visually the best thing Ditko every did. 

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

New writer brought in because Raimi had requests. Sounds like good news tbh.

It's SOP for a new writer to come in with a new director. A lot of the time, though, it's not announced and the new writer, though paid very well, does not get credit.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Macleod said:

What's this, the third writer?  Either way, it's clear that Feige has "A Vision" (whom I expect to see in a cameo) and that he wants his own take.  And hey, can't blame the guy...it's worked out pretty well thus far.  It's just getting boring.  Let's hope Raimi can add some panache. 

That is not unusual at all in Hollywood. A lot of films have a lot more writers. 

Thing is, we often don't hear about them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That is not unusual at all in Hollywood. A lot of films have a lot more writers. 

Thing is, we often don't hear about them.

at the same time,  he will probably change and rewrite some things, but the main concept , will still be the same probably

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

It's the second.

• Like 1