kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

Sam Raimi? SAM F#$KING RAIMI? This film is going to slay. After Endgame I've found myself wondering how i can keep getting excited for MCU movies and then they go choose Sam drag me to the evil dead Raimi

Now all they've got to do is cast Willem Dafoe and this is perfect

• Like 1

I love the but he did not write it routine...a director has enormous influence on the final script, even if he does not actually write it. I thought everybody knew that. 

And I think that just what happened with Birds Of Prey will sort of discourage Marvel from having any R rated CBM movies, except for the Deadpool films, which are a proven product and are sort of a "soft" R anyway.

And I think Raimi knows this going in.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, SpiderByte said:

Oh my god, he was there because he was THE DIRECTOR. He just didn't write on it. It's really not rocket science. He was going to direct it. Someone else was going to write it.

Anyway, one other thing about Raimi almost certainly being director is that it means there's a very good chance we get Danny Elfman on this too.

Age of Ultron has the weakest overall score of the 4 Avenger films.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Wasnt Drag Me To Hell a pg13 film? And the awakening of Doctor Octopus in SM2 clearly showed he can do horror in a pg13 film.(plus make it funny which all MCU films are.)

I think Raimi showed his skill at combining horror and humor in "Army Of Darkness"...

And as a long time Dr Strange fan, at the thought of Raimi getting his hands on the franchsie I have one thing to say:

"Hail to the King, baby!".

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

But he came back for Spidey.

I meant Giacchino probably wasn't coming back for Strange. I hope he comes back for Holland's third Spidey film, though-he'll probably start that one once he's finished The Batman and JW3. Fitting in any more films would be tricky, especially when these ones are due to come out within a similar time frame, hence why I think he won't do Multiverse of Madness.

10 hours ago, Menor said:

This PG-13 thing is getting ridiculous. Someone in the crowd yelled something about it being R rated that's why he said PG-13. 

Uh...yeah, of course, what else would he say that in response to?  But as with anything, it's not what he said, but how he said it.  Feige could have shown solidarity with his director on stage, something like "We can accomplish a lot of sinister stuff in a PG-13 these days..."   ...But he didn't.  He gave an abrupt comeback...which made Derrickson look weak.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Uh...yeah, of course, what else would he say that in response to?  But as with anything, it's not what he said, but how he said it.  Feige could have shown solidarity with his director on stage, something like "We can accomplish a lot of sinister stuff in a PG-13 these days..."   ...But he didn't.  He gave an abrupt comeback...which made Derrickson look weak.  

I think you are reading way too much into a single comment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It had to have been something they had already discussed, so in that case Derrickson was trying to get around that and pull some shit in public and Feige wasn't having it. 

There's a reason he's not directing the movie any more.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2020 at 8:24 PM, dudalb said:

And, though I love Raimi as a director, he needs a hit right now. His last big film, "OZ" underperfromed badly, making only a small profit on a big investment.

That's implying that Raimi had a string of flops. He has made one movie in the last decade, that was his choice and he has been otherwise busy as producer, and in television. Obviously he took a voluntary break from directing, which is why this director-for-hire return seems so strange (besides the money).

13 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

That's implying that Raimi had a string of flops. He has made one movie in the last decade, that was his choice and he has been otherwise busy as producer, and in television. Obviously he took a voluntary break from directing, which is why this director-for-hire return seems so strange (besides the money).

He's been attached/considered to direct quite a number of films since Oz was released (Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Love May Fail, A Prophet remake, The Kingkiller Chronicle), but they've mostly gone into development hell. 

So it's probably inaccurate to say it's been a voluntary hiatus-I'm starting to be convinced it's taken this long to get back to directing is because he's been working as a producer for so many films he couldn't find the room in his schedule to fit in a directing gig.

13 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Maybe, but his last film "Oz" underperformed and there is an old saying in Hollywood;You are only as good as your last film.

Raimi is not the force he once was. I think it's foolish to think that doing a big budget film in a populur franchise would give him some of his lost clout is not a reason for doing this. 

• Like 1

They are really turning Strange around. I didn't like the first movie or Strange. But he was good in Infinity War and now the second movie got Wanda who's one of my faves and Raimi who fans are super excited about. Papa Feige ain't playin. I read somewhere that Strange is his favorite.

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

They are really turning Strange around. I didn't like the first movie or Strange. But he was good in Infinity War and now the second movie got Wanda who's one of my faves and Raimi who fans are super excited about. Papa Feige ain't playin. I read somewhere that Strange is his favorite.

Indeed, Strange is his favourite. It was said that the first movie was Feige's passion project.

and he's making sure it delivers. I like that about him. he isn't blinded by success to see that there's always room for improvement and if that means letting go of previous directors/writers so be it. Sacking of Boden&Flip is the best thing that happened to CM sequel and hopefully they hire someone with actual resume and vision and not another indie puppet working from committee bullet points. Hiring Raimi for Strange 2 is absolutely the step in the right direction. 

Robert Stromberg (production designer on Avatar, Alice in Wonderland and Raimi's Oz) has been added to the IMDB page. Seems a bit random to not be true. Charles Wood, Marvel's to-go-to production designer,is still listed.

Edited by ddddeeee