kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:32 AM, ddddeeee said:

Robert Stromberg (production designer on Avatar, Alice in Wonderland and Raimi's Oz) has been added to the IMDB page. Seems a bit random to not be true. Charles Wood, Marvel's to-go-to production designer,is still listed.

Probably both will work on the film; with Wood seeing the Stromberg design's fit in with the rest of the MCU.

A lot of films have more then one production designer.

Interestingly enough, Wood has worked with Raimi before, he worked on "Army Of Darkness".

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

The biggest film in pre-production that has yet to move its start date is Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.” Pre-production has continued remotely on the superhero film, and sources say it is still on track to start shooting in June.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-productions-limbo-coronavirus-1203543478/

• Like 3

I rewatched the first because Raimi - really strong opening but the movie dies a death each time Mads pops up. Also, I've seen this movie four times now and I genuinely forget Stulbarg is in it each time. They needed someone to liven up the action - you have all this wild imagery handled in the most blah way possible (Marvel really need to move away from Ben Davis).

Swinton probably gives the best performance in any MCU movie. though. 

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The biggest film in pre-production that has yet to move its start date is Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.” Pre-production has continued remotely on the superhero film, and sources say it is still on track to start shooting in June.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-productions-limbo-coronavirus-1203543478/

:redcapes:  June start...suuuuureee..

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I rewatched the first because Raimi - really strong opening but the movie dies a death each time Mads pops up. Also, I've seen this movie four times now and I genuinely forget Stulbarg is in it each time. They needed someone to liven up the action - you have all this wild imagery handled in the most blah way possible (Marvel really need to move away from Ben Davis).

Swinton probably gives the best performance in any MCU movie. though. 

It was definitely a movie where Marvel's much talked of dull aesthetic actively hurt it. It was so... muddy.

29 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

It was definitely a movie where Marvel's much talked of dull aesthetic actively hurt it. It was so... muddy.

I thought it had some of the best colour grading for an MCU movie. Personally, the MCU movies with the worst aesthetic are the Russo brothers movies (except for IW). Most shots in their movies look either grey or brown.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I thought it had some of the best colour grading for an MCU movie. Personally, the MCU movies with the worst aesthetic are the Russo brothers movies (except for IW). Most shots in their movies look either grey or brown.

I love Avengers Endgame but the climax fight can't be more brown. 😂😂

The Avengers(2012) has the best color grading in this regarding. 

51 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah I have issues with Dr. Strange but the aesthetic is not one of them.

19 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

I love Avengers Endgame but the climax fight can't be more brown. 😂😂

The Avengers(2012) has the best color grading in this regarding. 

The Avengers had some color but the lighting made it look like a TV movie. And the shot where Loki catches the arrow might be the most obvious green screen in the entire MCU. I’d much rather gray than cheap personally. But they’re fun to watch regardless of course.

"The greatest hope of comic book nerds around the world is that the Covid-19 delay gives Marvel and Raimi the extra time to redevelop this loopy title into the ultimate nerd-gasm: a Marvel/Sony/Fox mega-multiverse adventure that fanboys around the world can drink their milkshakes to while watching their childhood fantasies lather all over them like wet soap.  First responders will have no break between the coronavirus, because they will be called en masse to theatres to monitor fanboys' superspeed hearts and slobbering overreactions.

-- Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog  😂 

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"The greatest hope of comic book nerds around the world is that the Covid-19 delay gives Marvel and Raimi the extra time to redevelop this loopy title into the ultimate nerd-gasm: a Marvel/Sony/Fox mega-multiverse adventure that fanboys around the world can drink their milkshakes to while watching their childhood fantasies lather all over them like wet soap.  First responders will have no break between the coronavirus, because they will be called en masse to theatres to monitor fanboys' superspeed hearts and slobbering overreactions.

-- Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog  😂 

That seems like it would be a little too ambitious for a Doctor Strange movie, but after how big IW/EG went, I suppose that the only way to top that would be to do some big multiversal crossover. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Depends on where they are planing to shoot,really.

The moon, or ISS maybe? If they plan principal photography for someplace on terra firma, then that is 100% not happening in June. The logistics of getting everyone to a location, from who knows where presently, will make it impossible. Then there are potential social distancing restrictions.

• Like 2