kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

No way are all these dates sticking. Likely Ds2 moves to Bp2’s date while BP2 takes CM2’s date while CM2 takes the spot of that SW movie 

I think it depends what level of priority is Strange. I can't imagine that it's as important than those 2 other movies which were far bigger moneymakers. So they are more likely to get the most lucrative dates. 

I do agree that SW movie is a toast and not happening so whatever takes that spot won't be a SW movie. It's just placeholder to placate investors. 

Edited by Valonqar

Since this is a box office forum, here is my current prediction for a March 25, 2022 release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness....

$140 million domestic opening 

$392 million domestic total

$544 million OS-C total
$235 million China total
$1.171 billion worldwide total 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Since this is a box office forum, here is my current prediction for a March 25, 2022 release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness....

$544 million OS-C total
$235 million China total

DS made 677.7M so that bump seems excessive. Even Thor Ragnraok didn't get that kind of bump from Thor 2. Or GOTG Vol 2 from GOTG. I get that it's going to get a bump (DS was important in IW) but this kind of bump? Not so sure. 

Love&Thunder is geting there for sure cause bump from 853M WW to 1.1B is super reasonable.

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

$544 million OS-C total
$235 million China total

A puny. Try $170mn atleast.

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

DS made 677.7M so that bump seems excessive. Even Thor Ragnraok didn't get that kind of bump from Thor 2. Or GOTG Vol 2 from GOTG. I get that it's going to get a bump (DS was important in IW) but this kind of bump? Not so sure. 

Love&Thunder is geting there for sure cause bump from 853M WW to 1.1B is super reasonable.

It will have par/bigger bump than Cap 2 over Cap 1.

36 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Thor: Love and Thunder should be able to do that, at least :) 

Disappointment Bar for Thor OW is set at 174,144,586

32 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

IM3 bumped 600M, Cap3 ~450M. Given Strange appeared in IW/Endgame in between, MoM looks like it will be a CW style “solo but with a big cast of other heroes and big universal implications” event, and 6 years of inflation/market growth we should be aiming for that ballpark at least.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

Not relevant thread but whatever. I never paid attention, but biggest non-Disney opening weekend record barring the fluke Jurassic World is 9 years ago. Harry Potter 8.

Not only tells how big was Potter but damn, that's less than half of Endgame. How pathetic was last decade non-Disney.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Winter Solider peaked 61st, CW 12th. DS1 peak 96th, so similar rank growth would be 19th WW for maybe 1.3B or so by the time this comes out.    

However, it’s not adding RDJ as Iron Man and DS1 wasn't received nearly as well as TWS, so some more modest growth to like 40th place would be a fine result as well.

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Disappointment Bar for Thor OW is set at 225mn.

IM3 bumped 600M, Cap3 ~450M. Given Strange appeared in IW/Endgame in between, MoM looks like it will be a CW style “solo but with a big cast of other heroes and big universal implications” event, and 6 years of inflation/market growth we should be aiming for that ballpark at least.

Thor 4 I will be going with $1.4Bn atleast.

USA $500mn (315)

China $300mn (113)

India $27mn (11)

Rest $600mn (414)

Total: $1425mn (853)

• Astonished 1

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What's will all these excel1 type predictions on here? Saying anything below 225 mil is a disappointment and 1.4 bil at least for a movie that's still 2 years away from releasing and hasn't even entered pre-production is just lol.

What are we supposed to do then. Track COVID cases?

PS. Yeah 225 disappointment bar is wrong on me. That should be 200mn Approx. 225 is sort of what it can do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not relevant thread but whatever. I never paid attention, but biggest non-Disney opening weekend record barring the fluke Jurassic World is 9 years ago. Harry Potter 8.

Not only tells how big was Potter but damn, that's less than half of Endgame. How pathetic was last decade non-Disney.

Well, TDKR was projected to make over $190 million on OW before the shooting happened. Still, you are absolutely right that the box office has disproportionately benefitted Disney movies for the past 10 years, and that the OW for EG was nothing short of pure insanity.

At this point, it’s hard to imagine that any non-Disney movie that will make it in the top 10 highest opening weekends of all time for the foreseeable future, especially in light of current events.

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What are we supposed to do then. Track COVID cases?

PS. Yeah 225 disappointment bar is wrong on me. That should be 200mn Approx. 225 is sort of what it can do.

Edit: Realized this is for DS2.

Edit 2: Realized this is for Thor, this thread is very confusing.

To be honest I don't see Thor getting 200. I think it will have decent/normal growth DOM and way better growth OS.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1