kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

I do not know about The Flash comics details like that, but they do not need to look for filmed Flash-based material, Wanda involved comics offer lots of input for e.g. alternate living / in a way dimension, see e.g. House of M, living with Vision, experiencing such loss it drives her in a way ‘mad’.

And as there is talk about Young Avengers, her twins .... again a reason to get ‘mad’.

Who kills whom for what reasons got changed then out of then movie rights reasons, but she did suffer too much for her kind of power in both versions, MCU and comics.

Not believing into the Tom Cruise detail, but in case he gets cast even for ‘only’ a 5 seconds cameo, I wont watch the movie, he is one of the very few who I can recognize per his appearance making me literally feeling ill beside me being face-blind. Not a good sign.... 

22 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder if Sony would allow them to bring back Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man for this. Come to think of it, would they even need permission from Sony to do that to begin with? 

I think SONY attiude would be "If DFeige  wants the headache of dealing with Maquire, good luck ;just don't ask us to deal with him.

McGuire is sort of personal non grata with Amy Pascal. She was a co p roducer on "Molly Game which has a totally despicable character which ,although he had a different name, is modeled on McGuire.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The first DS film is the one that hints at the multiverse. EG doesn’t really hint at such a thing. It just has time travel. 

What do you mean "doesn't hint"? It has multiple realities. They don't technically use time travel in Endgame, rather, they have the ability to go to any point in time in a parallel universe.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Avatree said:

What do you mean "doesn't hint"? It has multiple realities. They don't technically use time travel in Endgame, rather, they have the ability to go to any point in time in a parallel universe.

They do use time travel. The time travel just works differently than it does in something like Back to the Future. They create alternate realities when they travel to the past, but those realities are variations of the same universe. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

They do use time travel. The time travel just works differently than it does in something like Back to the Future. They create alternate realities when they travel to the past, but those realities are variations of the same universe. 

Right - they use/create alternate realities. So we are agreeing?

• Like 1

Brilliant. Cruise as Alt-Stark is brilliant. Set up for Tobey (and maybe even Andrew, the more the merrier) coming to Spiderman is all but done deal.  Marvel is really reinventing itself with this move. :bravo:

I didn't care for Strange but now I'm super stoked for this.

I also think that those cameos may not as as innocent as they look. Might be a trial balloon to see if there was interest to continue with the particular new actor in the old role. Like, if Cruise would commit and cameo went over well. He'll get a show stopping moment that gets people talking and all that jazz. Stay tuned.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

It's precisely the same thing. The multiverse = parallel timelines.

Historically, as far as Marvel and DC are concerned, the multiverse does not parallel timelines. Tom Cruise playing an alternate version of Tony Stark would not be the result of time travel. 

Edited by WittyUsername

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Historically, as far as Marvel and DC are concerned, the multiverse does not parallel timelines. Tom Cruise playing an alternate version of Tony Stark would not be the result of time travel. 

First, you shouldn't involve DC in this. We're strictly talking Marvel here. What DC does is up to them.

Secondly, I can tell you aren't a Marvel comic reader. That's fine. You also don't have to believe me or the others who are trying to correct you. This is copied straight from the Wikipedia entry.

Concept

The Multiverse is the collection of alternate universes that share a universal hierarchy. A large variety of these universes were originated from another due to a major decision on the part of a character. Some can seem to be taking place in the past or future due to differences in how time passes in each universe. Often, new universes are born due to time traveling; another name for these new universes is an "alternate timeline". Earth-616 is the established main universe where the majority of Marvel books take place.

The multiverse is a whole bunch of parallel timelines. Some are created from time travel and altering history. Others exist because things played out differently in those timelines, such as one where Tony Stark looks like Tom Cruise instead of Robert Downey Jr (maybe he's got a different mother? who knows). During Endgame, several alternate timelines were interacted with and created. This is just how the Marvel multiverse works.

If we're also going to be pedantic, the second Marvel film to address the multiverse, after Doctor Strange, was Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.  Endgame was the third.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, doublejack said:

First, you shouldn't involve DC in this. We're strictly talking Marvel here. What DC does is up to them.

Secondly, I can tell you aren't a Marvel comic reader. That's fine. You also don't have to believe me or the others who are trying to correct you. This is copied straight from the Wikipedia entry.

The multiverse is a whole bunch of parallel timelines. Some are created from time travel and altering history. Others exist because things played out differently in those timelines, such as one where Tony Stark looks like Tom Cruise instead of Robert Downey Jr (maybe he's got a different mother? who knows). During Endgame, several alternate timelines were interacted with and created. This is just how the Marvel multiverse works.

If we're also going to be pedantic, the second Marvel film to address the multiverse, after Doctor Strange, was Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.  Endgame was the third.

I’ve mostly read Spider-Man comics, but I always thought that the multiverse simply referred to parallel “Earths“, with the main Marvel comic continuity being designated as Earth-616. If I was wrong on that, then fair enough. 

Also, for the record, I was referring specifically to the MCU when I mentioned Marvel films that tackled the multiverse, so I didn’t count ITSV. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Flash? Into The Spider-Verse did the same thing 2 years ago

And One of the Live DC TV shows did the same thing with alternate versions of DC chaarecters, most prominent being the TV and Justice League Flashes meeting.

That being said,it 's a fun idea if done prop

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

I can't agree. it interesting to see how DC and Marvel use the same basic concept in different ways.

And nobody likes a Topic Nazi Anyway.

And DC was the first to use the multivers concept..way back in 1961 with " FLash Of Two Worlds" where the Silver Age Flash meets the GOlden Age Flash. Probably one of the most inlfuential single comic book stories of all time.

And I would like to see the original World War Two  Nick Fury show up in a Multiverse...

Edited by dudalb