kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

18 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

from the movies I have seen, pretty sure Bruce isn't even close to dumb down Sherlock.

"Batman Begins" is the only Batman film that tries to show Batman skills as a detective. That aspect of Batman has pretty much been jettisoned in favor of action.

• Like 4

I'm betting that Marvel/Disney had the Ghost Rider show squashed because Feige wanted to bring him back on the feature film level...and this could be a very likely place he may show up for a cameo... 

Edited by Macleod

On 10/5/2020 at 9:40 PM, dudalb said:

"Batman Begins" is the only Batman film that tries to show Batman skills as a detective. That aspect of Batman has pretty much been jettisoned in favor of action.

Hopefully Reeves and Pattinson will do better (not that that's a slight against the other two films in the trilogy).

On 10/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, WandaLegion said:

Barely even that. Wishful speculation

I feel it'd be too on-the-nose to have Maguire show up in this film just because Raimi's directing it, so hopefully it's no more than speculation.

On 10/5/2020 at 5:40 PM, dudalb said:

That's not true. He does a lot of investigating in Batman v Superman.

20 hours ago, Macleod said:

I'm betting that Marvel/Disney had the Ghost Rider show squashed because Feige wanted to bring him back on the feature film level...and this could be a very likely place he may show up for a cameo... 

I'm thinking he may first appear in something else..

612GVKKP79L._AC_.jpg

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 2:33 AM, dudalb said:

You have not been reading the right Batman stories....

I suggest "The Dark Knight Returns",.

My comment was heavy on the snark. Although, in terms of their respective portrayals in the DCEU and the MCU there's no comparison. DCEU Bruce Wayne is mostly just a super wealthy emo guy, a fit Jeff Bezos with a chip on his shoulder. MCU Tony Stark built the mark 1 in a cave out of scraps with rudimentary tools, without his captors noticing. There's just no debate.

I am aware that DCEU version is a dumbed down and simplified Bruce, though, whereas the MCU did a fantastic job of nailing the essence of Tony. We're getting into why I enjoy the MCU more and way OT so I'll halt there. I'll close by saying I really enjoy the animated DC films. 

On 10/4/2020 at 10:05 PM, dudalb said:

Let's just say Stark and Wayne are genuises in different areas.

But this whole Stark vs Wayne thing has become another stupid DC vs Marvel debate and I should never have taken part in it.

Again, my intent was not to stoke the flames of a fanboy war. I was really just poking fun at the DCEU version of Bruce. I think this is one of the reasons the Lego Batman movie is so funny. The caricature of Bruce Wayne / Batman in the Lego movies is so on point. I loved the dig at Marvel, too.

Edited by doublejack
  • Like 1

I had to log on here for the first time in forever just to unfollow this topic.

Don't get me wrong. Doctor Strange is one of my favorite heroes and I'm over the moon about Raimi taking over. Thinking about what he'll do with Nightmare and Mordo is almost too exciting. But my inbox keeps getting flooded with notifications from this thread. Enough!

Bye, again! Love you all! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Eh, sure. Good actor but the character was kind of eh in the first one. Unless they can really revamp her I was looking forward to a Clea, Wanda, and maybe America Chavez getting all the female lead screentime.

• Like 1