kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I never liked Wanda. The fact that her actions in AoU go completely unaddressed in all her future appearances just rubs me the wrong way. 

Agreed, more of the "brush off the shoulders" problem I have had with a lot of the Marvel stuff in the past few years.  But perhaps the Disney+ shows will give them more time to "play out" these consequences.  

My bet is that Feige could be using this film as his version of "Dark Phoenix" through Wanda's character.  He'll show up the old Rothman/FOX regime, who tried it twice and still couldn't get it right.  Wanda will go nightmarish, possibly letting loose characters like Ghost Rider (rumored to cameo) before finally redeeming/sacrificing herself to save "our" Earth and close the multiverses.  

(Haven't seen WandaVision yet, so I don't know how much that was laid into yet -- forgive me, MCU fans.)

Edited by Macleod

56 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Agreed, more of the "brush off the shoulders" problem I have had with a lot of the Marvel stuff in the past few years.  But perhaps the Disney+ shows will give them more time to "play out" these consequences.  

My bet is that Feige could be using this film as his version of "Dark Phoenix" through Wanda's character.  He'll show up the old Rothman/FOX regime, who tried it twice and still couldn't get it right.  Wanda will go nightmarish, possibly letting loose characters like Ghost Rider (rumored to cameo) before finally redeeming/sacrificing herself to save "our" Earth and close the multiverses.  

(Haven't seen WandaVision yet, so I don't know how much that was laid into yet -- forgive me, MCU fans.)

It does seem very possible that the MCU is building her up to play a more antagonistic role in the future, but I wish we could’ve gotten some acknowledgment of the bad things she did in AoU. You’d think the fact that she was a willing accomplice to HYDRA and that she brainwashed the Hulk into going on a rampage would get brought up in CW, but it doesn’t, probably because it would make it more difficult to take Cap’s side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Do not watch WandaVision. Your issues with that is my biggest complaint about the show, and that is all I'll say to avoid spoilers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wormow said:

They need to do this. If Sam Wilson can get his own movie, than Wanda is no question. Especially considering how popular Wanda is now (I'd argue she's probably more popular than both Natasha and Captain Marvel at this point) they'd be stupid not to. 

I'm just worried they're going to retire her in this movie - maybe give her some redemption arc and she goes off and lives in peace. I want more Wanda.

She’s just now coming into her own as a character. They’d be dumb not to expand on that.

• Like 1

Was it known that God MADS was returning for "a key role" in this??  Not that I see on any cast lists!  But Indiewire seems to imply that he is!  Unless Indiewire is getting their...wires...crossed with the first movie!  

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/05/mads-mikkelsen-bad-guy-another-round-1234635183/

Edited by Macleod

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Was it known that God MADS was returning for "a key role" in this??  Not that I see on any cast lists!  But Indiewire seems to imply that he is!  Unless Indiewire is getting their...wires...crossed with the first movie!  

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/05/mads-mikkelsen-bad-guy-another-round-1234635183/

I hope it's true so I can get a RaiMikkelsen teamup.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:56 PM, Wormow said:

Do not watch WandaVision. Your issues with that is my biggest complaint about the show, and that is all I'll say to avoid spoilers.

Actually.....

Spoiler

I think that Wandavision explores Wanda's darkside, and explains some of the bad decisions she makes is one of it's stronger points. I prefer flawed heros and heroines, they are a lot more interesting then "perfect" charecters.

She is a women in deep pain, and it warps her judgement.

I think is now like the Black Widow, she has a tab to atone form and wants fo wipe it clean.

Edited by dudalb

On 4/24/2021 at 10:51 AM, WittyUsername said:

I never liked Wanda. The fact that her actions in AoU go completely unaddressed in all her future appearances just rubs me the wrong way. 

They are addressed in Wandavsion. Without going into spooilers. you learn a LOT about Wanda's pre Ultron life, and it explins some of decisions she makes...the bad ones in particular.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:50 PM, WittyUsername said:

It does seem very possible that the MCU is building her up to play a more antagonistic role in the future, but I wish we could’ve gotten some acknowledgment of the bad things she did in AoU. You’d think the fact that she was a willing accomplice to HYDRA and that she brainwashed the Hulk into going on a rampage would get brought up in CW, but it doesn’t, probably because it would make it more difficult to take Cap’s side. 

I repeat, you get that in "Wandavsion".

I think Wanda was underdeveloped as a charecter in the MCU because very film she was in was a assemble film, and that limits the time you have to develope the charecter.

That is remedied in Wandavision.

On 5/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, Macleod said:

One of the fun things about the MCU is that charecters you though were over and done with keep popping up.

Spoiler

I sure as hell was not expecting Kat Dannings as Darcy Lewis to return and was very surprised to see her return in "Wandavision". To my delight, becuase I though Darcy was very funny in the two Thor movies. The charecter has changed, she now is Dr.Lewis with a phd in Asrtophysics and is a lot smarter then the previous Dracy, but the still the same old Darcy.

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

This movie is even more bonkers than NWH , the stuff that is on social media. wow 

Alot of insiders have been saying they're surprised on how secretive everything about the story is. I been theorizing for awhile that No Way Home was just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to the multiverse

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Alot of insiders have been saying they're surprised on how secretive everything about the story is. I been theorizing for awhile that No Way Home was just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to the multiverse

Viewer anon revealed some yesterday and it just crazy. Wanda is becoming top tier Marvel character.