kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

On 7/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, marveldcfox said:

Have they completely sidelined chewtifel's baron mordo character?

On 7/22/2019 at 7:34 AM, TServo2049 said:

Who’s to say he won’t be in this?

Mordo... only a spontanous idea, with a probabilty of 0.0001%:

He and DS could be in one of her mini-series episodes?

Maybe even the reason she and DS get to know each other more/better whatever...

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I really want to catch that recorded live version of Cumbernatch's "Hamlet" From all I have read, it ranks with Olivier and Branagh as one of the great Hamlets.

If you find a legal version to buy, please let me know

I also search for a Macbeth verion on stage with Sean Bean, that got praised a lot

I see a number of people here have never read a classic Dr Strange comic,or they would know that Mordo is a major figure, Strange's Human Arch Enemy. Stnadard formula was for Mordo to form an alliance with an Non Human Supernatural Menace like Dorramu or Nightmare, and then go after Strange.

7 hours ago, Alexandros said:

Hopefully they will fully embrace the craziness of the multiverse this time. The title certainly seems to suggest so.

Particulary if they take their inspiration from the backgrounds and supernatural creatures that Steve Ditko drew during his run on the comic, from 1963 to 1966. They are truly bizarre and at times frightening.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Particulary if they take their inspiration from the backgrounds and supernatural creatures that Steve Ditko drew during his run on the comic, from 1963 to 1966. They are truly bizarre and at times frightening.

Yeah that's exactly what I had in mind, the Ditko era. 

10 hours ago, kitik said:

people want dat multiverse!

8 hours ago, Alexandros said:

No doubt. A horror MCU film is a very intriguing prospect, especially with all the multiverse craziness.

Comic Books Geeks want the multiverse. Not so sure the GA is that excited by it.

I think the increased popularity is due to people liking what they saw of Strange in the Avengers movies and Ragnarok  IMHO he actually was better used in those movies then he was in his Solo movie.

• Like 1

I'd rather they sell this movie as a psychological thriller. The word horror might turn a lot of GA away.

As many have suspected even before SDCC announcement, Nightmare is likely the supervillain in DS2.

Again like I said before, I doubt this is a true multiverse thing. It will be another dimension (dream dimension), like dark dimension and mirror dimension in the first solo movie, not those multiple instances of realities/persona or multiple timelines in a true multiverses.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, Alexandros said:

No doubt. A horror MCU film is a very intriguing prospect, especially with all the multiverse craziness.

there is literally 0 chance this film is a horror movie in any reasonable interpretation of the word.

I'm hoping that if Nightmare is the villain (which is basically confirmed), they also use him as WandaVision's villain. If it's all happening in the dream dimension then that would explain Vision being in it (hoping they also get ATJ back) with a Freddy-like scary feeling. 

Not sure if Disney wants to go there, though.

12 hours ago, John Marston said:

lol at people acting like this is actually going to be a "horror" movie. Same way Spider-Man Homecoming was a John Hughes movie and Captain America: Civil War was a divorce drama like Kramer vs Kramer

All the MCU movies belong in the same general genre (superhero action) but I think that Marvel Studios have done enough to provide them with a distinct flavor. That's what I expect from Dr Strange 2, a horror flavor.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

lol at people acting like this is actually going to be a "horror" movie. Same way Spider-Man Homecoming was a John Hughes movie and Captain America: Civil War was a divorce drama like Kramer vs Kramer

Guardians of the Galaxy is a rock musical 

Ant-Man is a heist film

Thor 3 is a comedy

etc

All of the MCU films are identical. except Endgame 

Edited by Avatree

Lol people should calm down about the use of descriptors. For example Ant-Man may not be a heist movie in the strictest sense but it certainly takes a decent amount of inspiration from there so the use of that descriptor is not incorrect. Saying that all MCU movies are identical is pretty ridiculous as well, if that was true people would have tired of them long ago. Most of them have a different feel that makes them stand out from the others. The only way to claim they are identical is to reduce things so far that whatever template you're claiming could basically cover all blockbusters.

• Like 8