kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

I hope they explore this aspect of Wanda from Age of Ultron concept art (click to enlarge)

VKV6QqC.jpg

Joss Whedon came up with the mind control then the Russos went like "yeah fuck that"

Either here or in the TV show but it has to be brought back

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I hope they explore this aspect of Wanda from Age of Ultron concept art (click to enlarge)

VKV6QqC.jpg

Joss Whedon came up with the mind control then the Russos went like "yeah fuck that"

Either here or in the TV show but it has to be brought back

I don’t know if I’m in the minority on this, but it annoys me that the entire situation regarding Wanda brainwashing the Hulk has never been brought up after it happened. The Hulk went on a rampage because of her, yet she faced zero repercussions for it. You’d think something like that would’ve been brought up in CW, but nope. Even a brief scene in IW of Bruce being uncomfortable working with her would’ve been better than nothing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know if I’m in the minority on this, but it annoys me that the entire situation regarding Wanda brainwashing the Hulk has never been brought up after it happened. The Hulk went on a rampage because of her, yet she faced zero repercussions for it. You’d think something like that would’ve been brought up in CW, but nope. Even a brief scene in IW of Bruce being uncomfortable working with her would’ve been better than nothing. 

No consequences for anyone long-term, past one movie.  Some aren't even mentioned, like this?  The government would have been all over her first and foremost, considering her hand in it (and they could have played with the immigrant angle, too).  What else is new?  This is why I've gotten bored with these movies.   

Edited by Macleod

18 minutes ago, Macleod said:

No consequences for anyone long-term, past one movie.  Some aren't even mentioned, like this?  The government would have been all over her first and foremost, considering her hand in it (and they could have played with the immigrant angle, too).  What else is new?  This is why I've gotten bored with these movies.   

How would the gov't know if the Avengers didn't tell them?    Why would the Avengers tell them if they made her one of their own.  Especially with Hulk not in the picture so it wasn't an either or issue.

They do play with the immigrant angle in CW.  Tony and Steve discuss it and Tony says it's one of the reasons Wanda is on house arrest and the best Tony could do for her after what happened in Lagos.

Bruce threatens her in AOU but by AIW they are facing an Alien invasion and the clock was ticking. Really, not a time for him to be voicing his discomfort with team mates.  I do think though that Nat would have had a more contentious or just tetchier relationship with Wanda in in CW after what she did to Bruce.  But then Nat isn't judgemental about terrible mistakes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

How would the gov't know if the Avengers didn't tell them?    Why would the Avengers tell them if they made her one of their own.  Especially with Hulk not in the picture so it wasn't an either or issue.

They do play with the immigrant angle in CW.  Tony and Steve discuss it and Tony says it's one of the reasons Wanda is on house arrest and the best Tony could do for her after what happened in Lagos.

Bruce threatens her in AOU but by AIW they are facing an Alien invasion and the clock was ticking. Really, not a time for him to be voicing his discomfort with team mates.  I do think though that Nat would have had a more contentious or just tetchier relationship with Wanda in in CW after what she did to Bruce.  But then Nat isn't judgemental about terrible mistakes.

What reason did Tony have for not telling them? For that matter, even if the government never found out about that little stunt she pulled, it still would’ve been nice if there had been some acknowledgement of what she did, as opposed to the writers just expecting us to forget about it. I honestly had serious trouble sympathizing with her in CW and IW when she gave absolutely no indication that she felt any remorse for what she did. 

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

What reason did Tony have for not telling them? For that matter, even if the government never found out about that little stunt she pulled, it still would’ve been nice if there had been some acknowledgement of what she did, as opposed to the writers just expecting us to forget about it. I honestly had serious trouble sympathizing with her in CW and IW when she gave absolutely no indication that she felt any remorse for what she did. 

Why would Tony tell the gov't when she was a current member of The Avengers?  If he didn't want her on the team he could have vetoed her since he pays the bills.   

Maybe he felt a bit guilty for not paying attention where his black market weapons went, that blew up her home, killed her parents and left her and Pietro hiding under a bed as 10 yr olds for two days waiting for the bomb with Stark printed on it to blow up.  Maybe he thinks her changing teams was enough.  Maybe he thinks her losing her brother who died to save one for the Avengers and a child was enough payment.  Maybe the others did as well.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why would Tony tell the gov't when she was a current member of The Avengers?  If he didn't want her on the team he could have vetoed her since he pays the bills.   

Maybe he felt a bit guilty for not paying attention where his black market weapons went, that blew up her home, killed her parents and left her and Pietro hiding under a bed as 10 yr olds for two days waiting for the bomb with Stark printed on it to blow up.  Maybe he thinks her changing teams was enough.  Maybe he thinks her losing her brother who died to save one for the Avengers and a child was enough payment.  Maybe the others did as well.

Bruce was Tony’s friend. It just seems weird that Tony would allow his friend to take the fall for the woman who manipulated him into into creating Ultron in the first place. I know Tony Stark is a fictional character, but if I was in his situation, I certainly wouldn’t let her off the hook, especially when she became such a hot button topic of concern after the opening scene in CW. 

Anyway, I don’t think it’s too much to ask for there to be some acknowledgement of Wanda’s questionable actions in AoU, but it seemed like the Russos preferred to just pretend they never happened. That’s probably just me, though, and I’m certainly not expecting it to be addressed at this point. 

Edited by WittyUsername

40 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

She killed the only person she had in order to save half of the population. As far as movie logic goes, she has more than redeemed herself.

I guess that’s a reasonable point. Maybe I’m just biased because I personally didn’t care for her romantic subplot with Vision. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:14 AM, Avatree said:

there is literally 0 chance this film is a horror movie in any reasonable interpretation of the word.

Particualry with how New Mutants apparently has turned out,an attempt to meld horror with superheros.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, WittyUsername said:

Bruce was Tony’s friend. It just seems weird that Tony would allow his friend to take the fall for the woman who manipulated him into into creating Ultron in the first place. I know Tony Stark is a fictional character, but if I was in his situation, I certainly wouldn’t let her off the hook, especially when she became such a hot button topic of concern after the opening scene in CW. 

Anyway, I don’t think it’s too much to ask for there to be some acknowledgement of Wanda’s questionable actions in AoU, but it seemed like the Russos preferred to just pretend they never happened. That’s probably just me, though, and I’m certainly not expecting it to be addressed at this point. 

I think it's pretty clear that Wanda had repented of her earlier actions by the end of AoU.

But compared to the amount of blood that Natasha had on her tab,Wanda offenses were pretty minor.

And what happened in Civil War was clearly shown to be an accident, which Wanda instanlthy was horrified by.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think it's pretty clear that Wanda had repented of her earlier actions by the end of AoU.

But compared to the amount of blood that Natasha had on her tab,Wanda offenses were pretty minor.

And what happened in Civil War was clearly shown to be an accident, which Wanda instanlthy was horrified by.

I wasn’t saying she should’ve been held accountable for what happened in CW. I was saying that it was weird how no one ever brought up her actions in AoU once she became such a hot button topic. Sure, you could say that Steve would never rat her out, but Tony? What reason did he have for keeping his mouth shut about her? At the very least, even if he wasn’t going to tell Ross about it, the film could’ve at least had some acknowledgement of her actions among the Avengers, but it seemed like the Russos preferred to pretend that her brainwashing the Hulk never happened.