kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

worked for POTC:DNC and AWE. they didn't have scripts either when they started shooting. It actually happens more often than people think and it isn't always a disaster. Papa Feige wouldn't allow disaster. 

Script is already written for godsake.they already had a writer. This is for rewrite. 

So much misinformation going around. 

27 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

No MCU set piece is anywhere near as inventive as any of the SM3 ones.

No MCU score is as good as Young's for SM3.

Bill Pope >>>

We should be so lucky. Even SM3 Raimi is a huge upgrade.

Take it down a notch. He just made a couple of decent comic book movie 15 years ago. And they were cheesy even for their time.

• Like 1

Anyone else think this might get delayed? The film is scheduled for 15 months from today. Sam Raimi still hasn't been officiall announced, so he's not working on it just yet, and they just hired a new writer, who has been busy with Loki for the past year, so I'm not sure how far Waldron is on the draft, or how significant a re-write the project is undergoing.

Ant-Man brought on Peyton Reed just 13 months before release, and shooting started two and a half months after Peyton was hired.

Peyton Reed is a house-style director. A man who can call "action" and "cut" while Feige does his thing. Sam Raimi is Sam freaking Raimi. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins the project on the condition of getting additional time to truly make it his (and he deserves that right). That would be impossible with maintaining release in 15 months. Doctor Strange is a much more VFX-heavy film than Ant-Man, that for sure requires more time in Pre and Post.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shang Chi gets bumped from February to Strange's May slot, Strange takes Thor's November spot, and Thor goes to Spring 2022.

5 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Anyone else think this might get delayed? The film is scheduled for 15 months from today. Sam Raimi still hasn't been officiall announced, so he's not working on it just yet, and they just hired a new writer, who has been busy with Loki for the past year, so I'm not sure how far Waldron is on the draft, or how significant a re-write the project is undergoing.

Ant-Man brought on Peyton Reed just 13 months before release, and shooting started two and a half months after Peyton was hired.

Peyton Reed is a house-style director. A man who can call "action" and "cut" while Feige does his thing. Sam Raimi is Sam freaking Raimi. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins the project on the condition of getting additional time to truly make it his (and he deserves that right). That would be impossible with maintaining release in 15 months. Doctor Strange is a much more VFX-heavy film than Ant-Man, that for sure requires more time in Pre and Post.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shang Chi gets bumped from February to Strange's May slot, Strange takes Thor's November spot, and Thor goes to Spring 2022.

no i dont think that it will be delayed

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:20 AM, SpiderByte said:

If by "must have" you mean "didn't"

The timeline of everything just doesn't make sense.  There was clearly an outline or "scriptment" prior to last July.  What was Derrickson doing at Comic-Con last year announcing this title with Feige if he or Cargill never worked on the script??  Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...but that's Hollywood

9 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The timeline of everything just doesn't make sense.  There was clearly an outline or "scriptment" prior to last July.  What was Derrickson doing at Comic-Con last year announcing this title with Feige if he or Cargill never worked on the script??  Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...but that's Hollywood

As addressed literally above you on this page, there was a previous script, it just wasn’t written by Cargill.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:25 PM, Macleod said:

Yes, I know all this.  But it's like the Corona Virus: the numbers of writers we're actually hearing about are probably half of who's actually been working on it. 

That is Standard Operating Procedure  for Hollywood..and has been since Hollywood began.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:43 PM, iHeartJames said:

Yeah the writer of the first Doctor Strange just recently tweeted that him and Derrickson never wrote a script for the sequel

Which does mean they did not write a outline for the movie..first stage in writing a movie. I find it hard tp beleive that Derrickson and his writer did not put something down on paper about the sequel.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:16 AM, John Marston said:

Already reading loads of comments online saying it’s bad Raimi is making this movie because he made Spider man 3  “rolls eyes”

No secret that in Spidey 3 Raimi had a lot of stuff he did not want to do forced on him by Sony...the shoehorning in of Venom the prime example. Sony would have been better off just letting Raimi make his Sandman movie and leave Venom for another movie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Raimi has spent the better part of 7 years attached to direct movies that have eventually fallen apart. The fact that this will get made and will get made relatively quickly was probably really appealing to him.

And, though I love Raimi as a director, he needs a hit right now. His last big film, "OZ" underperfromed badly, making only a small profit on a big investment.

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Oh my god, he was there because he was THE DIRECTOR. He just didn't write on it. It's really not rocket science. He was going to direct it. Someone else was going to write it.

Anyway, one other thing about Raimi almost certainly being director is that it means there's a very good chance we get Danny Elfman on this too.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

As addressed literally above you on this page, there was a previous script, it just wasn’t written by Cargill.

OK, dudes and dudettes.  Yes, I'm aware of this, and it's what I was claiming; and that would mean three scripts/attempts so far.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

That is Standard Operating Procedure  for Hollywood..and has been since Hollywood began.

Yep, of course.  I know this, too.  But we're all talking about it...it's what these boards do...speculate. 

Again, shooting through 2-3 writers in the span of 6-10 months is not necessarily a vote of confidence in the material. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Which does mean they did not write a outline for the movie..first stage in writing a movie. I find it hard tp beleive that Derrickson and his writer did not put something down on paper about the sequel.

Exactly.  And Feige clearly disagreed with The Vision.  😂  Which is why it was a fascinating reveal when Feige yelled "It'll be Pg-13 and you'll like it!" at Comic-Con.  😂

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And, though I love Raimi as a director, he needs a hit right now. His last big film, "OZ" underperfromed badly, making only a small profit on a big investment.

Agreed.

53 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh my god, he was there because he was THE DIRECTOR. He just didn't write on it. It's really not rocket science. He was going to direct it. Someone else was going to write it.

Which is the whole point of this conversation.  But Directors usually want a very direct hand on the writing itself, closely working with a preferred screenwriter.  Was Cargill not even invited back in the first place?  Possible. 

Marvel's in-house people must have been on this, and Feige's vision clearly didn't jive with Derrickson's. 

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Anyway, one other thing about Raimi almost certainly being director is that it means there's a very good chance we get Danny Elfman on this too.

Or Christopher Young.

Giacchino probably wasn't going to come back anyway.

19 hours ago, Macleod said:

OK, dudes and dudettes.  Yes, I'm aware of this, and it's what I was claiming; and that would mean three scripts/attempts so far.

Yep, of course.  I know this, too.  But we're all talking about it...it's what these boards do...speculate. 

Again, shooting through 2-3 writers in the span of 6-10 months is not necessarily a vote of confidence in the material. 

Exactly.  And Feige clearly disagreed with The Vision.  😂  Which is why it was a fascinating reveal when Feige yelled "It'll be Pg-13 and you'll like it!" at Comic-Con.  😂

Agreed.

Which is the whole point of this conversation.  But Directors usually want a very direct hand on the writing itself, closely working with a preferred screenwriter.  Was Cargill not even invited back in the first place?  Possible. 

Marvel's in-house people must have been on this, and Feige's vision clearly didn't jive with Derrickson's. 

This PG-13 thing is getting ridiculous. Someone in the crowd yelled something about it being R rated that's why he said PG-13. 

• Thanks 3