kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

7 hours ago, kitik said:

This change also gives time for WandaVision, Loki and whatever else might tie in to the multiverse to be completed and aired before this movie comes out.

I mean WandaVision was (possibly still is?) this December, so at least that would've had plenty of time even if it wasn't delayed. From the sounds of Loki's plot it's connection is less the actual story and more stuff like the actual multiverse and maybe an appearance by Owen Wilson's character in that.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

I mean WandaVision was (possibly still is?) this December, so at least that would've had plenty of time even if it wasn't delayed. From the sounds of Loki's plot it's connection is less the actual story and more stuff like the actual multiverse and maybe an appearance by Owen Wilson's character in that.

Production on all the shows shut down the same time the movies did so it would be safe to bet that WandaVision and Falcon & the Winter Soldier will end up getting pushed back from their planned release dates as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Production on all the shows shut down the same time the movies did so it would be safe to bet that WandaVision and Falcon & the Winter Soldier will end up getting pushed back from their planned release dates as well.

Falcon maybe, but since half of WandaVision is a 3 camera sitcom even though it started filming after, it got a lot further ahead. That's how it moved from Spring 2021 to this year in the first place. Plus WandaVision wrapped filming in Atlanta with just some pickups left to do in LA. If they can start up by the fall they can totally make December.

Edited by SpiderByte

Just read an interview with Peter Deming and he mentioned that he was going to shoot Spider-Man 4. He also shot Drag Me To Hell and Oz (and Evil Dead 2 way back when). I wonder if Raimi and Pope fell out. The Wachowski sisters seem to have ditched him, too.

Just now, ddddeeee said:

Just read an interview with Peter Deming and he mentioned that he was going to shoot Spider-Man 4. He also shot Drag Me To Hell and Oz (and Evil Dead 2 way back when). I wonder if Raimi and Pope fell out. The Wachowski sisters seem to have ditched him, too.

At least Pope's still on the Wright side of history

“I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters,” Raimi described. “He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1131363-exclusive-sam-raimi-on-coincidental-spider-man-2-doctor-strange-reference

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

“I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters,” Raimi described. “He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1131363-exclusive-sam-raimi-on-coincidental-spider-man-2-doctor-strange-reference

Great news