kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

People will naturally blow this out of proportion and make it out to be something it isn't, as outlined by the post above mine. 

Yeah, like The New Mutants planned reshoots of at least 50% of the movie was about making a great movie even better and Birds Of Prey tested extremely well of course, that's why it underwent significant reshoots and its director didn't participate in final cut. At least 6 weeks of reshoots 6 days per week is a common thing too, nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It literally says in the article Raimi is. If they brought someone else I'm sure trades or leakers will be all over it in the next couple of days.

That's what I'm saying, David Ayer directed both principal photography and forced reshoots of Suicide Squad.

Edited by Firepower

as usual people doom and gloom at reshoots when we have literally no idea why they have been ordered, what they are fixing or adding, and whether it was (partially) planned or not.

The only thing that matters in a movie is the end result, so just please stop with the baseless rumors when you know nothing of how movies are actually made, especially big studio tentpole movies like this. It's nothing more than guesswork at this point and anyone claiming otherwise is full of themselves.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If I’m understanding this right, the alleged reason for the heavy reshoots is that COVID impacted the initial shoot?

Damage Control reason. The actual reason is they want to drastically change the film. But you'll find out about that in THR or Variety article after the movie's release. It happens every time. Cumberbatch even said a magic phrase "sighnificant reshoots to make an amazing movie even better" in the interview.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

Moderation

Yeah, we're done with this right here. We've all seen this song and dance routine with reshoots before and we know that it doesn't mean anything. It could mean the movie's good, it could mean the movie's bad. And a bad production does not equal a bad movie, nor does it mean the director's original work was tarnished and destroyed and that the evil producers are destroying some beautiful classic. You all know better than this.

I'm sure you all have your reasons as to why you know this film is doomed forever and that Sam Raimi's beautiful art is getting destroyed, but the fact of the matter is that you don't know what's going on. You straight up don't, so please stop acting like you know what's going to happen. Cut the drama, or get out of here.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

All this messin' with the multiverse is surely gonna get The Beyonder's attention eventually, won't it??  😁

One of my theories is he'd be the big bad of this saga, and Battleworld would be the Infinity War/Endgame of this era. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Menor said:

Didn't Rogue One have really big reshoots and ended up being a smash hit? Plus we already knew they were doing major reshoots, so I don't quite understand the surprise here when the only new info is just details.

Clickbaiters and franchise war soldiers making work of this for their own agendas 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Didn't Rogue One have really big reshoots and ended up being a smash hit? Plus we already knew they were doing major reshoots, so I don't quite understand the surprise here when the only new info is just details.

Rogue 1 is still utterly badass.

• Like 3