kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

15 minutes ago, Firepower said:

And Solo was a giant bomb after massive reshoots. So?

Almost as if, golly gee willikers, that reshoots don't mean the movie is set to be an epic disaster and that the evil Papa Feige is destroying Sam Raimi's perfect vision. Almost as if it's a totally neutral concept and you shouldn't jump to conclusions. What a concept!

• Like 5

To sum:  

Now that we have heard this bombshell about reshoots, by carefully inspecting the history of other movies with big reshoots, we know that it will be either good or bad (but probably good). This is a huge change from before the news broke, when we knew that it would be either good or bad (but probably good). Wow!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

by carefully inspecting the history of other movies with big reshoots, we know that it will be either good or bad (but probably good). 

Since when did massive reshoots mean probably good? The history of other movies with massive reshoots don't really indicate that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

She is hilarious, she’s gonna ride this out so hard now. 

What’s sad is the massive number of marks (including some of the locals) who buy into her. As much as I despise con artists and charlatans, I equally have as much respect (or lack thereof) for suckers who easily fall for it.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Well, Grace has got some kind of insider sources. 

She does, but now she's crossing the line of being reasonable.

"They're basically redoing it" ... You need way more than 36 days to do that, and apparently good part of it isn't even reshoots of previously done material.

• Like 4

And also, just seeing how the shoot for this happened, it's very easy seeing why this is so chaotic.

Shooting started on november 2020 and paused on January due to Covid. Then started again on march 2021 and ended in april but it was rushed again because of Covid. Then some quick scenes again in September and now these 36 days between November and December 2021.

The whole process of this movie was deeply affected by lack of stability on the dates due to COVID. THR reported clearly that these 36 days is between reshoots and aditional photograph that was planned since the beginning and is happening only now because some actors wasn't available earlier.

Unlike many i respect Grace, she does have some info, she actually said it first this was going to shoot again but now she's clearly overreacting, THR is giving completely reasonable explanations while she  is saying they're redoing a movie that shooted for 5 months in just 36 days.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

THR reported clearly that these 36 days is between reshoots and aditional photograph that was planned since the beginning and is happening only now because some actors wasn't available earlier.

Unlike many i respect Grace, she does have some info, she actually said it first this was going to shoot again but now she's clearly overreacting, THR is giving completely reasonable explanations while she  is saying they're redoing a movie that shooted for 5 months in just 36 days.

Movies were redone for less time. THR or any other trade won't say real reasons and what they are actually reshooting until the movie is released. If it's so insignificant, then why THR even reported this? They rarely report this kind of stuff, especially as a separate article. There are many examples of lies and damage control like The New Mutants, Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad, Justice League, Fantastic Four etc, and people still fall for that despite the same signs and patterns. Because it's MCU, it'll still get good reviews most likely, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be Raimi's movie, he's very restricted here.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Grace is lulz but this was something I kinda believed especially when it came to her saying Wanda's portrayal was a hot mess 

I mean, the last time Raimi did witches...

tumblr_nfmvjlIu5d1rawb5do1_500.gifv

Olsen's portrayal was a hot mess?

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

THR or any other trade won't say real reasons and what they are actually reshooting until the movie is released. If it's so insignificant, then why THR even reported this? 

Because anytime Marvel farts, its news online? Why do you think so much of clickbait calculations involve that brand in some form or fashion? If it was some random Lionsgate production starring Gerard Butler in Angel Has Taken America 5 or whatever, would it be as big news? I mean obvious, no? 

See this is why I'm so glad I'm no longer a Franchise War soldier. I can just concentrate on my life, enjoying it, and not care as much about production issues or perceptions of them. I'll let others with their own agendas and minds already made up deal with this circus. God knows I've got at least two damn MCU things to consume before we even get into Superhero Wizard 2. Moviemaking can be messy, it can be like making sausages and watching how the sausage gets made sure aint pretty sometimes. Marvel Studios and tinkering endlessly with their crap isn't exactly breaking news. What's next, nerds takes issue with a new Batman? You can knock me over with a feather! 

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1