kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

24 minutes ago, RRA said:

Because anytime Marvel farts, its news online? Why do you think so much of clickbait calculations involve that brand in some form or fashion? If it was some random Lionsgate production starring Gerard Butler in Angel Has Taken America 5 or whatever, would it be as big news? I mean obvious, no? 

I mean trades usually don't report reshoots of Marvel movies before the release, and even if they do it's usually brief mention in some other article, so it should be something unusual.

27 minutes ago, RRA said:

See this is why I'm so glad I'm no longer a Franchise War soldier. I can just concentrate on my life, enjoying it, and not care as much about production issues or perceptions of them. I'll let others with their own agendas and minds already made up deal with this circus. God knows I've got at least two damn MCU things to consume before we even get into Superhero Wizard 2. Moviemaking can be messy, it can be like making sausages and watching how the sausage gets made sure aint pretty sometimes. Marvel Studios and tinkering endlessly with their crap isn't exactly breaking news. What's next, nerds takes issue with a new Batman? You can knock me over with a feather! 

I don't care about most comic book movies, both Marvel and DC, the only reason I'm interested in this one is Sam Raimi, but I don't like everything I've heard about this one so far and massive reshoots is another reason for concern. So here goes my interest in this one. I just hope it'll help Raimi's to come back with a real movie in the future, just like Disney tool job helped some other well-known directors to save their career.

4 hours ago, Firepower said:

Movies were redone for less time. THR or any other trade won't say real reasons and what they are actually reshooting until the movie is released. If it's so insignificant, then why THR even reported this? They rarely report this kind of stuff, especially as a separate article. There are many examples of lies and damage control like The New Mutants, Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad, Justice League, Fantastic Four etc, and people still fall for that despite the same signs and patterns. Because it's MCU, it'll still get good reviews most likely, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be Raimi's movie, he's very restricted here.

Movies were redone in less time before indeed, but not a +150 minute heavy CGI multiverse movie. They spend 5 months shooting this, it's pretty obvious they can't redone it in 36 days.

And i didn't say it's insignificant, just that her approach doesn't make sense, and i usually give her a shot.

THR have way better information than Grace, if they said most of it is aditional photograph planned before than why still believe in conspiracy theories? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I mean trades usually don't report reshoots of Marvel movies before the release, and even if they do it's usually brief mention in some other article, so it should be something unusual.

Every blockbuster pass through reshoots these days, THR actually reported that MCU movies have longer "reshoots" than DS2 before. Is longer than usual, but it's nothing that absurd either.

The problem is that studios can't hide anything these days. Marvel usually was good doing it very low profile, not anymore.

The culture of insiders and people fighting for "scoops" is a huge headache for Hollywood because everything leak now. NWH is facing lots of imagens leaking, the whole plot leaked, DS2 plot leaked, the reshoots info leaked, Eternals plot leaked, how they can work quiet this way?

The DS2 reshoots get a whole article because insiders are saying this for weeks and even Cumberbatch confirmed on an interview, of course an article with more details would come. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

THR have way better information than Grace, if they said most of it is aditional photograph planned before than why still believe in conspiracy theories? 

I don't trust them before the release simply because it happened before more than once. I remember there were reports about "pre-planned additional photography, nothing to see here" on Fantastic Four. And I remember very well how Frosty from Collider and Jeff Snider reported that The New Mutants tested really well and they were going to reshoot at least half of the movie to "make a great movie even better". We all know how it turned out. They never tell the truth until the movie is released, there were too many cases like this.

Edited by Firepower

21 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Every blockbuster pass through reshoots these days, THR actually reported that MCU movies have longer "reshoots" than DS2 before.

And for some reason they decided to report "random shorter" reshoots instead of "longer" ones?

23 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The problem is that studios can't hide anything these days. Marvel usually was good doing it very low profile, not anymore.

The culture of insiders and people fighting for "scoops" is a huge headache for Hollywood because everything leak now. NWH is facing lots of imagens leaking, the whole plot leaked, DS2 plot leaked, the reshoots info leaked, Eternals plot leaked, how they can work quiet this way?

The DS2 reshoots get a whole article because insiders are saying this for weeks and even Cumberbatch confirmed on an interview, of course an article with more details would come. 

There were reports about NWH reshoots too and as you can see - no articles from trades.

16 hours ago, Eric the Big Red Dog said:

Moderation

Yeah, we're done with this right here. We've all seen this song and dance routine with reshoots before and we know that it doesn't mean anything. It could mean the movie's good, it could mean the movie's bad. And a bad production does not equal a bad movie, nor does it mean the director's original work was tarnished and destroyed and that the evil producers are destroying some beautiful classic. You all know better than this.

I'm sure you all have your reasons as to why you know this film is doomed forever and that Sam Raimi's beautiful art is getting destroyed, but the fact of the matter is that you don't know what's going on. You straight up don't, so please stop acting like you know what's going to happen. Cut the drama, or get out of here.

Moderation

@Firepower Please read above. I really don't like it when folks don't listen to me.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

Haven't multiple people confirmed that mcu! Movies don't have test screenings anyway

untrue, they all have test screening , but not usually open to public , majority of viewers are marvel employees , sometimes they can bring friends

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

untrue, they all have test screening , but not usually open to public , majority of viewers are marvel employees , sometimes they can bring friends

IIRC the last one that used traditional test screenings was Ant-Man.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:49 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Grace is lulz but this was something I kinda believed especially when it came to her saying Wanda's portrayal was a hot mess 

I mean, the last time Raimi did witches...

tumblr_nfmvjlIu5d1rawb5do1_500.gifv

I’d forgotten how terrible the portrayal of the WWotW was in that movie. Thanks for reminding me :sadfleck:

14 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I know the mods already rang down about reshoots but since I haven’t posted about it yet lol can I just say that half of  rogue one was reshot and that turned out great. Don’t reply to me guys lol.

You're not the boss of me.

Back to the Future had pretty major reshoots, and even replaced the lead actor, and it's one of the best movies of all time.

World War Z reshot a huge chunk (maybe all?) of the third act, and it was still a decent film.

FantFourStic had major unplanned reshoots, even having to cannibalize the 3D Conversion budget to do them. I don't need to mention how that movie turned out.

Basically, reshoots aren't some kind of harbinger of a movie's quality, not even major ones. They're just a normal part of film making.

• Like 4

On 11/13/2021 at 1:49 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Grace is lulz but this was something I kinda believed especially when it came to her saying Wanda's portrayal was a hot mess 

I mean, the last time Raimi did witches...

tumblr_nfmvjlIu5d1rawb5do1_500.gifv

My own suspicions are that a major reason for the reshoots is there were too many diffeences between Wanda in Wandavision and Wanda in this movie, and they need to be resolved.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:42 AM, Madhuvan said:

Olsen will be great in the role no matter the script

I really liked Olsen in "Wandavision"..she finally had a chance to flesh out the charecter...but this whole script does not matter nonsense is just that :nonsense. A lot easier for a actress to give a good performance with a good script then it is with a bad script. Performance and script are closely connected.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:13 AM, Darth Homer said:

I’d forgotten how terrible the portrayal of the WWotW was in that movie. Thanks for reminding me :sadfleck:

Only thing Oz did was remind me that how much better a prequel the novel  "Wicked" was then what Raimi gave us. IMHO the biggest failure of Raimi's career.