kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

This was shot during heavy COVID restrictions in the UK last year. Maybe that has something to do with the reshoots, not sure why people are acting like reshoots are a bad thing when almost every studio does this with their big CBMs. At least they aren't rushing it for a release in March.

🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

4 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

There were already reshoots in September (which, as is the case with any MCU movie, were planned well in advance).

This is a second set of reshoots.

Exactamundo.  The Sept. reshoots were the "planned" pick-ups.  I'm betting these are completely new, based on the existing cut/reaction.    

Edited by Macleod

21 hours ago, Macleod said:

Exactamundo.  The Sept. reshoots were the "planned" pick-ups.  I'm betting these are completely new, based on the existing cut/reaction.    

I am betting that the new reshoots might have something to do with how well "Wandavision" was received and make the Wanda here a bit more like the Wanda in "Wandavision".

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I think Graces narrative of "the second Eternals screened all of Marvel's movies suddenly became messes that need fixing" might be a little convenient, especially considering her incredibly dubious credibility.

At times I wonder if Grace has any real conceptiion of how movies are made.

The question, of course is are the additonal scenes for Dr Strange 2 being shot to make a good movie even better, or to try to fix a movie that has problems? Frankly, only Fiege and Raimi know at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Macleod said:

Multiple rounds of reshoots isn't new though. Especially since it's based around the actors availability.

• Like 1

It'll probably be Raimi's film in name only, his Spider-Man films were as far and away from MCU as humanly possible. Most of those leaked plot details don't sound good at all, especially very unnecessery "spoiler" for the sake of cheap fan-service. And another round of reshoots doesn't sound good too, especially if the reason is to tone it down or add more unnecessery fan service.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

42 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It'll probably be Raimi's film in name only, his Spider-Man films were as far and away from MCU as humanly possible. Most of those leaked plot details don't sound good at all, especially very unnecessery "spoiler" for the sake of cheap fan-service. And another round of reshoots doesn't sound good too, especially if the reason is to tone it down or add more unnecessery fan service.

I'm willing to hold out until I see footage but if it's more of the same washed out grey Marvel look, I may cry.

• Like 4

Here's the full article. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/doctor-strange-multiverse-madness-reshoots-1235045328/

It's probably a combination of factors considering the contemporary situations we're dealing with, and yes, the fact that the movie is likely filtered with copious cameos...that they couldn't quite get right throughout the past year, either on-set in terms of space/performance, or in terms of scheduling.  

Edited by Macleod

Just now, TheDude391 said:

#ReleaseTheRaimiCut

I held out some hope that since he's worked with Feige before and has proven he's good at delivering big budget spectacles unlike the normal indie hires he'd be left alone somewhat. But yeah it's looking likely they're gonna de-Raimi this. 

Raimi is the one doing the re-shoots 

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

One source played down the severity of the shoot: “Even while in the middle of production, Marvel is scheduling you for more shooting,” adding that the size and complexity of Marvel movies necessitate additional photography.

One insider scoffed at the size and scope: “We’ve had bigger reshoots on other MCU movies.”

Several factors appear to be driving the shoot. One insider said about two weeks are dedicated to principal photography that was held over from the initial shoot that took place in the U.K. due to what is described as actor availability issues. The insider played down concerns the reshoots were related to retooling the story.

Another reason for the shoot concerns catching up on production slowdowns from Covid-related matters that hit the initial UK production. It was those slowdowns that reared their head when they unexpectedly affected the Marvel release schedule last month.

• Like 2