kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

3 minutes ago, RRA said:

I’m trying to figure why are mad at him. What did I miss? 

Mad at Taika? Personally, I find him smug and titanically unfunny. It’s that simple. Comedy subjective. I haven’t despised a film like Jojo Rabbit in quite some time. Such glib, desperate “satire”. His performance in Free Guy was an avalanche of ugly mugging and pathetic riffing. His cancer joke rubbed me the wrong way.

Shame because I loved Ragnarok and Korg’s appearance in Endgame. Just no desire in Thor 4. More excited for BP2 and Strange

I belive some people underesrimate how much liked and how popular Ragnarok is, and are in for big suprise with Thor 4 performance.
It was and still is big with not only core MCU fandom but also with more casual fans.
Most people genuinely love this flick.
For many folks if it's not their favourite which I often hear, it's easily their top 5 MCU movie.
Ragnarok had a great theatrical run, but its post theatrical life arguably is even better, this film is probably the most rewatchable MCU movie, people still casually talk about it, years after it came out.
Also, after Ragnarok and Avengers films Thor's populariry skyrocketed, it's imo easily top 3 most popular MCU character nowadays, especially after RDJ and Evans have left.
It all bodes well for Thor 4.
So if I have to bet about Box Office global runs, assuming of course that markets will be pretty stable in 2022, I would bet on order like this :
1) Thor 4
2) BP 2
3) DS 2
4) The Marvels

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why is everyone predicting Black Panther to have over a 50% drop from its predecessor? 

12 hours ago, Menor said:

Confused me for a minute as well but I think it's just a representation of how excited they personally are, not of the OW.

Bingo to Menor. 

If things are decent enough (virus shutdowns and the like), I expect all 4 of these films to open over $150m domestically. Hell, even though it's my #1 of the 4, I can see Love & Thunder opening the lowest of these films. I feel like BP:WF may actually be the highest and could top $250m if the stars aligned (summer release, Chadwick factor, huge curiosity about where the story is going.) 

Odds are we get a trailer for this before Eternals, so around mid to late Octoberish. Maybe even September if they don't want to play the slow roll like Spider-Man, maybe something at the Emmys since it ties directly out of WandaVision?

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RRA said:

I’m trying to figure why are mad at him. What did I miss? 

Large number of blind items and years long whispers if that's what 

14 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Taika is insufferable now. 

refers to. But this isn't a gossip forum so I won't get into details on a public forum. However, lets just say, no one should put a hand in fire in defense of Taika' honor, lets leave it at that. 

• Like 1

last week of October would be Marvel's usual 150 days ish range.

meaningful date would be..

October 23 - Sam Raimi's Birthday

October 31 - Holloween

November 19~21 - D23 (126 days)

I can see them releasing at D23, giving space and attention to packed mcu releases..

14 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Mad at Taika? Personally, I find him smug and titanically unfunny. It’s that simple. Comedy subjective. I haven’t despised a film like Jojo Rabbit in quite some time. Such glib, desperate “satire”. His performance in Free Guy was an avalanche of ugly mugging and pathetic riffing. His cancer joke rubbed me the wrong way.

Shame because I loved Ragnarok and Korg’s appearance in Endgame. Just no desire in Thor 4. More excited for BP2 and Strange

Damn... Just damn.

7 hours ago, Movie nerd said:

I belive some people underesrimate how much liked and how popular Ragnarok is,

They aren't. They look at numbers for movies and calculate what could increase and what could decrease. If your movie made 300M and another 700M dom, than bigger chances are that the sequel to the latter movie will edge out the sequel to the former movie even with a decrease on its side and increase on the former movie's side. Not guaranteed but more likely. It's just the law of numbers. 

There's also reasonable increase. Some movies have enormous increase, like Batman Begins to TDK. That was an enormous increase between 2 movies. 200M to 500M dom. But other movies don't increase that much. For example, a lot of people expected GOTG Vol 2 to have a massive jump on GOTG cause GOTG was so beloved yet it didn't happen. It had very slight increases both dom (both remained in 300M+ range) and OS (both remained in 400M+ range) 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 12:36 PM, Valonqar said:

Large number of blind items and years long whispers if that's what 

refers to. But this isn't a gossip forum so I won't get into details on a public forum. However, lets just say, no one should put a hand in fire in defense of Taika' honor, lets leave it at that. 

Who gives a shit what he does in his personal life? All I've heard is that he loves threesomes and god bless him for it. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Who gives a shit what he does in his personal life? All I've heard is that he loves threesomes and god bless him for it. 

As it happens, a lot of people when their idols don't turn out to be as progressive as they believed. Also, threesome is a clever deflection. 

• ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

As it happens, a lot of people when their idols don't turn out to be as progressive as they believed. Also, threesome is a clever deflection. 

Deflection? Are you trying to spin photos of a very happy couple canoodling with a consenting adult as something other than an innocent threesome? 

Listen to our own advice. Don't get mad when humans turn out to be humans. 

• Like 1