kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

The delay sucks for some of the other films but I will admit I hated that March 25 date since they announced it. I like May 6 a lot better.

Just realized too with this shift everything is officially a year later. Doctor Strange WAS scheduled for May 7, 2021, Black Panther WAS scheduled for July 8, 2021, Thor for November 5, 2021 etc. etc. Makes sense with Eternals bowing a year after its initial date (November 6, 2020).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

This. MoM being a huge part of the Multiverse storyline, neevr felt right in the old slot, and Thor:L&T never felt right in the tentpole spot. Don't get me wrong, we don't know how T:L&T connects to Phase 4 but so far nothing indicates that it will have relevance/impact of NWH and MoM. So it makes more sense to give MoM the spotlight spot. 

In a world where covid didn’t happen and Derrickson stayed on, this released in May 2021 lol

52 minutes ago, Val357 said:

The delay sucks for some of the other films but I will admit I hated that March 25 date since they announced it. I like May 6 a lot better.

Just realized too with this shift everything is officially a year later. Doctor Strange WAS scheduled for May 7, 2021, Black Panther WAS scheduled for July 8, 2021, Thor for November 5, 2021 etc. etc. Makes sense with Eternals bowing a year after its initial date (November 6, 2020).

Black Panther 2 was originally slated for May 2022.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

IS there a chance Spidey moves to march? Obviously Disney wont announce that since its a Sony release. Disney announce its changes accordingly?

I don't think so because these date changes are due to internal production matters only. Sony won't move THEIR movie because of whatever is going on with production on another studio's films.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Honestly probably for the best. I kinda wish they had spaced out this year's content a bit more. I know Covid delays played a role in that but still.

Yeah I don't think they had a choice this year. I griped for a long time about Shang-Chi's Labour Day weekend release but at the end of the day there's a back log of films and studios just need to get them out there. It's the reason for the crowded October as well.