kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

7 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Fucked up title for what is going to be a fucked up movie. Cool.

DS has its moments, but still one of the weaker phase 3 movies.

I think that title goes to Thor 4. Just my feeling. 

edit: damm, I thought you were talking about the upcoming films in phase 4, among which I think Thor4 is the weakest imo. 

Edited by meriodejaneiro

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

I'm pissed.

I really liked DS (apart from the ending) and I was looking forward to this, but I can't be doing with multiverses.

These movies are getting more and more whack.

He was fighting Dormamu in the Dark Dimension in DS - pretty much just another name for an alternate reality/universe etc.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, Macleod said:

I still say this doesn't get made at all. 

It'll be talked about mildly for a couple more years, then gradually swept under the rug. 

Prove me wrong, Marvel.

Well Marvel finally listened to you and maybe proved you wrong ???

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nero said:

Well Marvel finally listened to you and maybe proved you wrong ???

Yep, fair's fair...if it actually gets made.  😉

I give them props for the wacky-60s-esque Marvel titles they're just leaning into, at this point...and having Lizzy Olsen attached is definitely a plus. 

I think there is a subtle difference between multiverse and alternate dimension.

When talking about multiverse, I think of time travel/quantum realm/Schrödinger's cat/multiple instances of the same persons (e.g Nebula 2014 and Nebula 2023)/creating branched timelines.

Whereas alternate dimension (mirror dimension/dark dimension) is outside of our usual space-time dimension (invisible or incommunicable), but there is no such complexity/contraction like multiple instances of persons/timelines. E.g at the end of DS, Dormammu and Strange were the same persons and were in the same reality despite time looping. Dormammu is just a being that exists in another dimension (with different physical laws) outside of our time-space reality.

So I don't agree with the opinion that multiverse was already introduced in Dr Strange 2016. It was another dimension, but not multiverse.

I also think that the multiverse in this title is a smoke-screen, not the real multiverse but multiple psychedelic realities (the Buddist/zen like paradox of whether the dream is the actual reality and reality is actually a dream. We are in a dream that dream of our reality that dreams of another reality.) That is why it is called "multiverse of madness", a horror film.

Those thinking DS2 is going to introduce multiverse (again) might be disappointed. Anyway, Endgame already showed us how multiverse can be introduced.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Have they completely sidelined chewtifel's baron mordo character?

They have not announced a thing about the film besides the title and Scarlet Witch being in it. While it's safe to assume Nightmare is the villain given the "horror vibe" and Derrickson being a big fan of the character, we have no other official info. There's no reason to think Mordo won't be in it.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:48 PM, excel1 said:

Rachel McAdams back? yay or nay?

Hopefully nay. I like McAdams, but her character in the first movie was just plain boring.

And with Wanda around, who needs another female lead?

And Nightmare seem the obvious choice for the supernatural villain,with Mordo as his human henchman.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, marveldcfox said:

Have they completely sidelined chewtifel's baron mordo character?

Given that Mordo was pretty much Strange's  human arch enemy in the comics,I doubt it.