Mockingjay Raphael

Annabelle: Creation // Breaking records around the Globe // $300M WW, BEST FRANCHISE EVER!

The David F Sandberg-helmed scarer on Thursday scored the highest grossing opening day ever for a foreign horror title in Korea with $1.2M from 593 screens. It landed behind two local pics, where the market is performing despite diplomatic tensions which appear to have little impact on moviegoing.

Russia‘s debut was $582K on 1,246 screens for No. 2. The day surpassed the openings of all the previous films in the Conjuring franchise.

Australia posted $302K from 231 screens and ranked No. 1. The score is 28% ahead of The Conjuring and tracking close behind the opening of Annabelle-the-first.

Also noteworthy: Hong Kong provided the biggest opening day ever for a Hollywood horror film, and Portugal saw the best horror launch day ever.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/annabelle-creation-international-box-office-debut-1202146633/

From Box Office:

"Internationally, it took in an additional $8.1 million from 39 markets on Friday, bringing the overseas total to date up to $17.7 million."

Jesus Christ, this is looking like a $35m-$40m OW from just 39 markets!!!!!! And it still has to open in the whole LA (biggest region for TCU).

• Like 2

If The Nun and The Crooked Man can keep up the good will of The Conjuring Universe then the 3rd entry in the main series will be a real juggernaut.Maybe even 400M will be in play.

And IDK about the Crooked Man but that the Nun is probably the most well received monster in the universe so far and it's bound to have at least a decent run.I wonder what other miracle will Wan's imagination comes up with for TC3....and i think the same kind of intrigue is shared by audiences around the world as well,which will only help TC3.

I can see this universe being held as one of the most impactful in the genre.They have creates something trully unique.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If The Nun and The Crooked Man can keep up the good will of The Conjuring Universe then the 3rd entry in the main series will be a real juggernaut.Maybe even 400M will be in play.

And IDK about the Crooked Man but that the Nun is probably the most well received monster in the universe so far and it's bound to have at least a decent run.I wonder what other miracle will Wan's imagination comes up with for TC3....and i think the same kind of intrigue is shared by audiences around the world as well,which will only help TC3.

I can see this universe being held as one of the most impactful in the genre.They have creates something trully unique.

Wan is not directing TC3, but he's already working on the script.

• Thanks 1

Penned by Gary Dauberman and directed by David F Sandberg, the fourth pic in the lucrative Conjuring franchise is coming in ahead of or on par with most comps. The UK was the biggest opener on Friday at $948K from 468 screens and landing No. 2. It’s level with both the previous Annabelle and The Conjuring.

Poland’s start topped all of the movies in the series, scaring up $529K on 159 in first place.

Vietnam, meanwhile, joins other previous openers this week with the biggest launch day ever for a horror film.

In holds, A:C is maintaining the No. 3 spot in Korea where two local titles are dominating. The two-day cume is $2.7M. France, where Annabelle’s per-screen average is tops in the market, has a three-day of $1.8M.

Other plays include Indonesia (No. 1/$1.7M), Russia (No. 2/$1.1M), Australia (No. 1/$753K) and Scandinavia (No. 1 in the region/$1M).

deadline.com/2017/08/annabelle-creation-international-box-office-debut-1202146633/

On August 12, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

From Box Office:

"Internationally, it took in an additional $8.1 million from 39 markets on Friday, bringing the overseas total to date up to $17.7 million."

Jesus Christ, this is looking like a $35m-$40m OW from just 39 markets!!!!!! And it still has to open in the whole LA (biggest region for TCU).

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $35,040,000   48.8%+ Foreign: $36,700,000   51.2%= Worldwide: $71,740,000 

From BOM:

"Internationally the film brought in an estimated $35 million from 39 markets for an overseas cume totaling $36.7 million. Highlights include a $6.6 million in South Korea, France saw a $2.9 million opening, $2.6 million debut in the UK, Russia opened with $2.3 million, and $1.8 million in Australia. Looking ahead, the film opens in Brazil and Mexico next week followed by Germany a week later and Spain and Japan in October."

Annabelle 1:

SK: $2.4m OW (A:C already surpassed the total of the first movie there!!!!)

France: $3.4m

UK: $3.1m

Russia: $2.0m

Australia: $1.6m

From Deadline:

"Korea was the major debut with $6.6M from 947 screens and ranking as the top foreign film in the market behind local pics A Taxi Driver and Midnight Runners. The launch topped the lifetime of Annabelle, despite diplomatic tensions which appear to have little impact on moviegoing.

After a non-traditional Wednesday opening, Indonesia produced $3.9M on 738 screens for No. 1. This was a key market on the last Annabelle. France played house with $2.9M on 262 screens for the best per-screen average of all films in release. The results are 37% ahead of The Conjuring and just shy of the original Annabelle.

In the UK, where Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk is holding No. 1 for WB, A:C picked up $2.6M from 468 screens at No. 2. That’s on par with comps. Russia debuted at No. 2 with $2.3M on 1,253 screens, besting all previous films in the series.

Malaysia saw the best horror opening ever with $2.25M on 450 screens. Australia was also a No. 1 start with $1.8M from 231 at 28% ahead of The Conjuring and 21% ahead of Annabelle. Scandinavian markets generated a weekend gross of $1.9M, tops in each, and each the best of the franchise.

Italy’s hold puts it at $2.4M so far. Next weekend sees the important Latin American markets bow. This sort of horror fare can overindex there."

44 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

$1.66M OD in Mexico. It will finish the OW in the $7.3-$7.9 range, but, if it can hold the weekend decently can go as high as $9M

JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST, it has outgrossed TC2's OD, despite not playing in summer?! Considering that the Saturday jump must be bigger for A:C, than for TC2, it is tracking at $8m-$9m, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST, it has outgrossed TC2's OD, despite not playing in summer?! Considering that the Saturday jump must be bigger for A:C, than for TC2, it is tracking at $8m-$9m, IMO. 

I'm being conservative with $7.5M-$8M in case Sat and Sun won't be as strong because monday is Back to School Day. But still can surprise.

Now, i'm just trying to figure-out how IT can make, the hype is stronger with that one!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Really impressive numbers! And well deserved as well. The conjuring franchise has been great since day 1.

I guess 300m is a lock. Maybe 400m is in play?

Maybe $400m for TC3, the best we can hope for A:C is around TC2's numbers, since it seems to be tracking to around $200m-$220m OS plus $90m DOM.

See, the only region stopping TCU from join the blockbuster area is Europe (where these movies pull good, but not great numbers), unlike in LA & Asia. Fortunately, those are also the only regions that keeps increasing, so, it won't take too long till we see Horror movies (TCU) grossing $300m-$400m OS alone, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

I'm being conservative with $7.5M-$8M in case Sat and Sun won't be as strong because monday is Back to School Day. But still can surprise.

Now, i'm just trying to figure-out how IT can make, the hype is stronger with that one!

Wait, is IT a popular brand there? I thought it was more like an American phenomenon. Here in Brazil, it is generating buzz indeed, but most of persons doesn't even know that it is based on a book. I don't expect it to come close to Annabelle here, and neither OS.

16 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Wait, is IT a popular brand there? I thought it was more like an American phenomenon. Here in Brazil, it is generating buzz indeed, but most of persons doesn't even know that it is based on a book. I don't expect it to come close to Annabelle here, and neither OS.

Yep, as the TV mini-series as the book are quite known, plus, marketing is making easier attracting audience. If it get the appropiate rating (B-15) can easily pull numbers in the Annabelle /TC2 range.

• Like 1