grim22

Minions: The Rise of Gru | July 1, 2022 | Illumination

The Minions were cute at first, but now I am simply sick and tired of them. Textbook example of overexposure.

But I have no doubt this film will make a lot of money. I have a low opinion of Illumination as a studio......most of their product is mediocre and they NEVER take a chance on doing something a little bit out of the ordinary...but I can't deny they have found a way to put fannies...mainly young fannies...in the seats with a medicore product.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:21 AM, FantasticBeasts said:

I am willing to bet that this is making 1b WW.

Feels safe as fuck..

That last sentence sums up Illumination in a nutshell.

GOod at making movies that make a lot of money, bad at making movie with any originality or risk taking (the two are closely connected) .

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Minions were cute at first, but now I am simply sick and tired of them. Textbook example of overexposure.

But I have no doubt this film will make a lot of money. I have a low opinion of Illumination as a studio......most of their product is mediocre and they NEVER take a chance on doing something a little bit out of the ordinary...but I can't deny they have found a way to put fannies...mainly young fannies...in the seats with a medicore product.

"Once they get you in the theater, they can show you whatever they want." -- Karsten Runquist

Edited by Slambros

1 hour ago, tupek said:

And I thought the first Minions movie was good ... :ph34r:

I liked the first 20 minutes or so with the more heavy-handed narration. The rest of the movie wasn't terrible, but wasn't that compelling, either.

Edited by stealthyfrog
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stealthyfrog said:

I liked the first 20 minutes or so with the more heavy-handed narration. The rest of the movie wasn't terrible, but wasn't that compelling, either.

I only saw it once on theaters and I was't expecting a good movie, I was indeed thinking it would be awful. To my surprise it was pretty funny and well paced the whole time without even a single moment that was slow or boring. Before watching it I couldn't imagine an entire movie about those yellow things that could work as I only saw them as sidekick or secondary funny characters like Scrat from Ice Age, but the movie delivered.

It is the movie that I've enjoyed the most off the 4 movies. Personally, I don't find Gru and the rest of people as interesting characters. Also I will always remember the first Minions movie because my father was laughing his ass off the whole time and he always falls sleep at the movie theaters every time we go

Edited by tupek
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

highest grossing film of 2020 worldwide not that Avatar is gone?

Fast 9 vs. Minions 2, possible breakout contenders in Mulan, and Black Widow. Whichever movie wins out, it's going to be a great year for Universal.

Edited by stealthyfrog

2 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

When I saw Minions, it honestly felt like it could have been a movie-length pilot for a Minions TV show. You know, like the ones that used to kick off the old Disney Afternoon shows.

Edited by TServo2049