grim22

Minions: The Rise of Gru | July 1, 2022 | Illumination

I liked it but then I loved Minions trailer, film was ehh.

The first two DM films were solid for me, 3rd was ugh & before that Minions was boring as well minus opening act which was trailer actually.

Anyways I don't see it dropping internationally, by that I mean East international, may be West do. Domestic shall also hold & do 250 range.

Minions are love tho. 🍌.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 2

Just what are you, guys:

1 - pathetic sad people

2 - Pixar zombies

3 - or desperate trolls?

This is the best animation ever, period. It packs more punch in 5 minutes than Pixar and most of the others do in a whole trilogy.

Not sure I will ever get as low as even commenting on your posts again - but I will definitely "Not Cool" bomb them to oblivion.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Knock It Off 4

7 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

I liked it but then I loved Minions trailer, film was ehh.

The first two DM films were solid for me, 3rd was ugh & before that Minions was boring as well minus opening act which was trailer actually.

Anyways I don't see it dropping internationally, by that I mean East international, may be West do. Domestic shall also hold & do 250 range.

Minions are love tho. 🍌.

did.. I.. Just.. Saw.. You.. Like.. Something.. Which.. I.. Liked..?? 

For me 2, first 2 DM were decent, first better than 2nd.

Minions was hot trash. 

I kinda liked this trailer somewhat, it's a classic case of minnions being funny when as supporting to Gru who clearly is the lead of franchise but they are clearly not fun when are in spotlight. 

34 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

did.. I.. Just.. Saw.. You.. Like.. Something.. Which.. I.. Liked..?? 

For me 2, first 2 DM were decent, first better than 2nd.

Minions was hot trash. 

I kinda liked this trailer somewhat, it's a classic case of minnions being funny when as supporting to Gru who clearly is the lead of franchise but they are clearly not fun when are in spotlight. 

I like minion part most. Minions are USP for me. Rest can go to hell IDC.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 7:58 PM, cJS said:

Idk if cumulative is the measure here but Frozen is biggest Animation brand.

If you mean right now,  I agree.  If you mean all time BO and HV sales, then I disagree.  Although it will most likely get there with another movie or two. 

I guess it depends what metrics you are using (Total BO/HV sales, peak BO/HV sales, cultural impact, merchandising...etc...)

EDIT : I was using cumulative BO and HV sales to make my statement.  

Edited by langer

On 2/5/2020 at 8:47 PM, shayhiri said:

Just what are you, guys:

1 - pathetic sad people

2 - Pixar zombies

3 - or desperate trolls?

This is the best animation ever, period. It packs more punch in 5 minutes than Pixar and most of the others do in a whole trilogy.

Not sure I will ever get as low as even commenting on your posts again - but I will definitely "Not Cool" bomb them to oblivion.

DM1 and 2 I loved. I did not care for DM3 or the Minions stand alone at all. I have hope that this new entry is more like the first two.

• Like 1

Just now, Maxmoser3 said:

Christmas would be solid for this! I’ve said that for a lot of films within the last 20 minutes on here. But Sing did fantastic in the Christmas slot four years ago! 

I also think it’ll go to Christmas as Universal can easily move Croods 2 for it.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/minions-the-rise-of-gru-sing-2-wicked-release-date-change-global-international-box-office-coronavirus-1202897417/

Last week, Illumination/Universal’s Minions: The Rise Of Gru stepped off of its global release which was previously set for late June in some offshore markets and for July 3 domestically. It has now been scheduled for July 2, 2021, taking the slot that belonged to Sing 2, which in turn is now headed to Christmas 2021 (December 22 domestically). 

https://deadline.com/2020/05/animated-movies-coronavirus-production-tom-and-jerry-spongebob-scoob-skydance-illumination-1202928961/

Illumination’s artists and executives are continuing to work remotely from their Santa Monica, CA HQ and studio Illumination Mac Guff in Paris on all aspects of development, production, and marketing. Already because of the daily collaboration between their Paris and Santa Monica based producers, artists, designers, editors and many others, Illumination has been well prepared because they’ve always working remotely. The studio continues to work on Minions: The Rise of Gru (July 2, 2021) and Sing 2 (set for release on Dec. 22, 2021) along with other projects in active development and production, including two original titles and a new version of Super Mario Bros. with Nintendo. A source close to Illumination described the past two months as an extremely productive, innovative and creative time at the company.

• Like 1