Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I decided to stop watching The Great Wall at the 20 minute mark because it has such a majestic grandeur that demands to be seen on the big screen. Plus, the promise of some Willem Dafoe ham was imminent. I will definitely be seeing this when it hits theaters.

Nah, its a crap movie. If you like Split, the Great Wall is the opposite of that. bad acting, totally predictable storyline with 0 twist. Its worse than Resident Evil

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Nah, its a crap movie. If you like Split, the Great Wall is the opposite of that. bad acting, totally predictable storyline with 0 twist. Its worse than Resident Evil

I'm not really expecting a great film, but I liked what I saw from the first 20 minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not really expecting a great film, but I liked what I saw from the first 20 minutes.

Okay, its your money and your choice. =)

FYI, the lady in blue. The blue general, JingTian, in real life is the girlfriend of Wanda's CEO's son. And Wanda is the parent company of Legendary Pictures, hence she is in all the Legendary Pictures movie like Great Wall, Kong: Skull Island and Pacific Rim 2.. Even though most of her chinese films flop in China itself.

12 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

FYI, the lady in blue. The blue general, JingTian, in real life is the girlfriend of Wanda's CEO's son. And Wanda is the parent company of Legendary Pictures, hence she is in all the Legendary Pictures movie like Great Wall, Kong: Skull Island and Pacific Rim 2.. Even though most of her chinese films flop in China itself.

Oh god :rofl: 

18 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Nepotism knows no cultural boundaries.

Edited by cookie

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

In SK, Indonesia & Malaysia it's opening during a the New Year Holiday period which the others didn't so it will likely be more front loaded.

Not in Indonesia. We only have one public holiday for Chinese New Year, and this year it falls on Sunday. So no holiday boost whatsoever for RE6 here.

20 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It's weird how Chinese members on this forum are almost starting a #Boycott The Great Wall campaign. Any reason for this? I'm with Han, it may be a stupid movie, but it looks so impressive visually that I need to check in cinemas.

Yeah, it's Zhang Yimou, even his less accomplished movies are usually an engrossing spectacle, one I want to see on a big screen. 

It can't be much worse than your average dumb blockbuster really.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 2