aabattery

Waterworld (1995) | Starring Kevin Costner of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman fame

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

From what I had read somewhere, Costner was unhappy that his hairline looked receding in the dailies. So he had the VFX company go back and paint his hair in in every single scene. That alone added to the budget as well.

What the hell? :winomg:

Edited by Arlborn

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The crew didn't like the idea of swimming and filming in their own filth

Some people are so picky.  :lol:

Damn Hollywood coastal elites. Back when I was a boy I slogged through mud and shit to get to school

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The weirdest legacy of Waterworld is definitely that it got Costner interested in the Ocean and ecology and he ended up actually helping with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill cleanup through technologies he developed through that interest.

I take back saying he sounds like an asshole then. That's super cool of him.

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm not gonna google this, but I think I remember reports about how execs and/or Costner were worried that his gills looked too much like vaginas so they had to keep tweaking the design. 

Maybe I'm mis-remembering. :lol: 

Remember when he made Sam Raimi's For the Love of the Game and there was a big stink that they had to cut a nude scene because they were worried his penis was too small? :rofl:

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Remember when he made Sam Raimi's For the Love of the Game and there was a big stink that they had to cut a nude scene because they were worried his penis was too small? :rofl:

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I don't remember that, actually. :rofl: 

https://books.google.com/books?id=sax6DQAAQBAJ&pg=PA95&lpg=PA95&dq=For+the+Love+of+the+Game+nude+scene+cut&source=bl&ots=CIdMrWxDL8&sig=szjSSV0pjDtSV0uN1FXs7y9_R7Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOt4ayl_fRAhUE-2MKHaRzDwMQ6AEIRTAH#v=onepage&q=For the Love of the Game nude scene cut&f=false

SPaC58N.png

KEVIN COSTNERI'M NOT BITTEROver Deleted Nude Scene

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/08/kevin-costner-im-not-bitter-over-deleted-nude-scene/

It was the scene that got the chop from "For the Love of the Game" ... Kevin Costner in the buff ... but KC tells TMZ Sports the fact his junk hit the cutting room floor doesn't bother him at all. 

Back when the movie came out in '99, there were reports that the scene contained full-frontal Costner nudity ... but studio execs gave the scene the chop before it hit the big screen. 

(You can imagine the emotions one must feel after being told your nude scene wasn't good enough to make the cut.)

But now Costner is telling us what really went down on the set -- and if he'll ever consider dropping trou on camera ever again. 

Sorry ladies, don't hold your breath ...

So apparently it wasn't full frontal, but it was behind pixelated shower glass

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I'm not gonna google this, but I think I remember reports about how execs and/or Costner were worried that his gills looked too much like vaginas so they had to keep tweaking the design. 

Maybe I'm mis-remembering. :lol: 

This is one of the times it doesn't matter if it's true because it should be.  :lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, franfar said:

Reminds me of Saving Private Ryan, and how Matt Damon was treated well while the rest of the cast went through grueling conditions

That's completely different though. That wasn't that Damon being a diva. That was Spielberg's idea. Because the the characters were supposed to hate him before they met him Steven Spielberg wanted him secluded and pampered so that animosity towards him carried over in the film. Matt Damon wasnt a big name at that point when he was cast in Saving Private Ryan. When that was being filmed I'm not even sure if Matt Damon had won the Oscar yet.

• Like 3

Costner has a hairline obsession i guess

Theodore Melfi (“Hidden Figures”)
“Most of the notes you get are from actors. They’re bad. This one studio [Fox Searchlight] person said, ‘Do we have to have so much math?’ So I pretended to be interested but, no, it’s about math. And then Kevin Costner calls me one night and says, ‘I’ve been thinking about a receding hairline.’

“I said, ‘OK. Why?’ He said, ‘I just think this guy would have a receding hairline.’ And so I call the studio because I love to torture them, and said, ‘Kevin Costner wants a receding hairline,’ and they flip out, saying ‘We want Kevin Coster just the way he is!’ So I went back to Kevin and said everyone at the the studio thinks it will make you look old. He went, ‘Oh. Can I chew gum?'”

@MrPink can sympathize

• Like 8

On 2/3/2017 at 9:47 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

He picked Kevin Reynolds to direct too I think, this was his next project after Robin Hood. 

The stunt show at Universal hollywood/Japan/Singapore is great though. 

He did, and he and Reynolds had a huge falling out during the production. They eventually did forgive each other, and wound working together over a decade later. 

• Like 2