Neo

The Great Wall | February 17, 2017 | Releasing in China in December

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

But I can clearly tell you that Karry Wang, who played the emperor in this film for 3 min, earned ¥5m(about $700k).

Insider also said the reason why Karry Wang could star in TGW and get that number was that Universal and Legendary thought Karry’s fans will be the major force in consumer(they used big data).

Yet he has only 3 minute screentime. LOL.

13 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

But I can clearly tell you that Karry Wang, who played the emperor in this film for 3 min, earned ¥5m(about $700k).

Insider also said the reason why Karry Wang could star in TGW and get that number was that Universal and Legendary thought Karry’s fans will be the major force in consumer(they used big data).

It is interesting to see it will (100% at this point) make less bucks the the mermaid. With so much star power and the freaking Matt Damon and Zhang Yimou , but still unable to beat the shit out of Stephen Chow who is yet to be featured in his own movie? LOL 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

It is interesting to see it will (100% at this point) make less bucks the the mermaid. With so much star power and the freaking Matt Damon and Zhang Yimou , but still unable to beat the shit out of Stephen Chow who is yet to be featured in his own movie? LOL 

Freaking Mermaid is a miracle.

1billion Yuan, if it gets less than that, I will laugh in joy.=)

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Chinese may not have that kind of enthusiasm to watch blockbusters for recent time.

Comedy films are more easy to be welcome for Chinese.

29 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Chinese may not have that kind of enthusiasm to watch blockbusters for recent time.

Comedy films are more easy to be welcome for Chinese.

The Chinese and Universal invested way too much (150 mil !!!) in this movie. It is gonna indeed LOSE money literally, not in the sense that it is just gonna earn less. It is super embarrassing and a bad omen of any further China-West blockbuster co-production. What a bummer!  

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Is this a typo? 67m China opening seems pretty damn good 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/?yr=2016&wk=51&p=new

To be honest, it is not good at all considering the investment scale, its WOM, its reviews. It should at least gross more than 200 mil in China to be called success.

23 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Oh boy how this film has disapointed everyone.... and here some of us (including me) thought this could challenge Mermaid's $530m record. Now it wont even make half of that.

Did people really think that?  That movie made over $500M...I mean...why would anyone actually expect that?  For like...anything.  China can deliver massive box office, but they're not there where you should expect that for anything.  We don't expect that for anything in North America, save for Force Awakens.

• Like 1

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 11:54 AM, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

The Chinese and Universal invested way too much (150 mil !!!) in this movie. It is gonna indeed LOSE money literally, not in the sense that it is just gonna earn less. It is super embarrassing and a bad omen of any further China-West blockbuster co-production. What a bummer!  

Embarrassing? Lol. I would hardly call it embarrassing. You just have a knack for being way too over dramatic.