Neo

The Great Wall | February 17, 2017 | Releasing in China in December

Final and devastating example of how bad and unfinished looking CGI can ruin ANY movie - especially one as stupid and filled with CGI as this one.

Skip it. If this was any good, the Shay would have seen it FIVE!! times. Now I could barely stomach it once. Terrible.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

There were also issues with crews from both West and East, with the production reportedly hiring upwards of 100 interpreters to smooth out conflicts between American and Chinese crew members. No details were given about these alleged conflicts, or if Chinese director Zhang Yimou was involved in these disputes.

Holy fuck. I knew there were issues, but this is really bad.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Legendary will lose $75M and Universal $10M on The Great Wall lol. 

http://movieweb.com/great-wall-movie-bombs-loses-75-million-matt-damon/

I've been saying someone should have put a lid on Thomas Tull a long time ago. This is just another example how he shouldn't have been running a studio in the first place. 

Tull and Kavanaugh are good example of why financiers shouldn't run studios, investing in a film is fine or be more like Megan Ellison where she funds risky films. Luckily Universal can weather the loss of The Great Wall thanks to the success of Split and Get Out.

You can bet once the Universal deal expires, it's not being renewed..

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Tull and Kavanaugh are good example of why financiers shouldn't run studios, investing in a film is fine or be more like Megan Ellison where she funds risky films. Luckily Universal can weather the loss of The Great Wall thanks to the success of Split and Get Out.

Tull was a fanboy, he green lit movies that HIS inner child wanted to see, fanboys shouldn't run studios. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Universal can definitely weather it. But Legendary needs some successes, badly.

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

Universal can definitely weather it. But Legendary needs some successes, badly.

Universal doesn't need Legendary anymore, they've already got financier in place with Perfect World and they've got plenty of hits

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Universal doesn't need Legendary anymore, they've already got financier in place with Perfect World and they've got plenty of hits

I never said that they needed Legendary. I said "Legendary needs some successes, badly." Big difference.