Neo

The Great Wall | February 17, 2017 | Releasing in China in December

14 hours ago, NCsoft said:

This somewhat gives me more confidence in the film, I'm a big fan of Zhang Yimou.

But I think the perception of this film unfortunately will not be changed, and it will suffer in the west because of it.

Kind of ironic, considering no one in American goes to see Chinese films anyway...it's not like most Americans open themselves up to diverse cultures much...true irony, considering how we were founded.  Even Jackie Chan and Jet Li have basically abandoned making Hollywood movies.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Kind of ironic, considering no one in American goes to see Chinese films anyway...it's not like most Americans open themselves up to diverse cultures much...true irony, considering how we were founded.  Even Jackie Chan and Jet Li have basically abandoned making Hollywood movies.

Bruce Lee was the exception though. Too bad, we haven't had an Asian actor that has the magnetism of Bruce Lee and understand the American audience.

Even then, he has to go to Hong Kong before he can make his mark in the US.

Jackie Chan & Jet Li made great Hong Kong movies but because of their limited English, it hindered their American movies.

On 2016年8月5日 at 11:16 PM, Macleod said:

They were leaving Hollywood because China is becoming a new dominating market. If China was still like 10-20 years ago, they'd be still working mostly in the US. It's not like they didnt know what you said about Americans.

On August 4, 2016 at 9:25 PM, tribefan695 said:

At this point the simple idea of a focus on a white man among a group of any other race is just too politically loaded 

Maybe to keyboard warriors but not to people who just want to watch an entertaining movie. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I hope Lionsgate drops online the trailers for John Wick 2 and Power Rangers.

They will for sure,  remember that NYCC is all being streamed live. One of the Wick producers confirmed on Insta that the trailer is coming at NYCC.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, antovolk said:

They will for sure,  remember that NYCC is all being streamed live. One of the Wick producers confirmed on Insta that the trailer is coming at NYCC.

Hype.

7 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Zwick was the original director for this project.

Looks like a disaster of white man savior cliches, but FUCK, it's white man goes to Asia plot.

I'M IN

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3