grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Watched Kubo again last night. It remains a great film up until the last 5 minutes or so. Just doesn't quite stick the landing. However it's great enough before that, so it's appearance is well deserved. 

It's a visually spectacular film and the story is great until an ending that wraps things up too quickly.  The main drawback for me though was some of the voice acting which didn't fit - particularly Theron who was awful (which is  shame because that was a great character).  I need a really good Japanese dub so I can watch it with subtitles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i heard lionsgate got a peak at the silence script and they said "hey, what if we made this ourselves, but for idiots?" and that's how hacksaw ridge got greenlit.

I heard coolio's parents got a peak of the neighbor's baby and they said "hey, what if we made this ourselves, but an idiot?" and that's how CoolioD1 was born.

• Like 4

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i heard lionsgate got a peak at the silence script and they said "hey, what if we made this ourselves, but for idiots?" and that's how hacksaw ridge got greenlit.

not even close.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I heard coolio's parents got a peak of the neighbor's baby and they said "hey, what if we made this ourselves, but an idiot?" and that's how CoolioD1 was born.

I heard the forum wondered if there was possibly someone younger and stupider than Ethan and then That One Guy came around

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Who has the best chance of beating Coolio in the BOFFIES? I need to know now, they have my vote.

Edited by Jason

Spoiler

Deadpool

lNSNXW7.jpg

ILTMO0I.png

This was the anti-superhero movie in many ways. A B-list character with a cult following from the comics known best for breaking the 4th wall was effortlessly translated to the big screen by Visionary Director Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds. This was definitely the most unexpectedly huge blockbuster of the year and put Reynolds back in the Hollywood A-list. It will be interesting to see if the sequel can build on this success. And to think it all began with a leaked proof of concept video.

USER REVIEWS:

The opening credits alone make this a 9/10

Directed by: some overpaid asshole

:rofl:

-Baumer

A+ from me. One of my favorite SH films ever. Better than every Spidey film save the first two, better than every X-Film other than X2 and DOFP and better than every Batman film except BB and TDK. Oh and better than ALL of the MCU films save Winter Soldier and GOTG(And I liked them all).

Personally, I find him sexier than a guy whose name rhymes with "Poolverine".

-DeadArachnid

• Like 15

10 Cloverfield Lane caught me off guard with how it actually bothered to establish character and atmosphere through framing. All those shots where Winstead looks like she's trapped within the frame itself, one where she's sitting across from Goodman and he actually looks like three times bigger, one that cuts him out entirely except for his clenched fist and it generates even more tension this way. Seems like such an obvious thing to do yet you so rarely see that level of care in a Hollywood movie. 

I just don't get The Nice Guys love at this point. Terrific performances but that entire mystery it's built on is some yawn-inducing first draft mess. 

• Like 2