grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

i watched the fincher girl with the dragon tattoo with my parents. was at home. my mum walked out during the first rape scene and then came back in 15 minutes later to tell me how disgusting i was that i kept watching it.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i watched the fincher girl with the dragon tattoo with my parents. was at home. my mum walked out during the first rape scene and then came back in 15 minutes later to tell me how disgusting i was that i kept watching it.

that was a good movie.

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I'm guessing Dory got shafted. I know it has its detractors, but it's certainly a hell of a lot better than that toxic waste near the bottom of the list.

Watch Finding Dory be #1.

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

WHO WATCHES DEADPOOL WITH THEIR MOTHER

My mother usually has the movie tastes of a 12 year old boy.  CGI and violence are her wheelhouse.  But like Mad Max Fury Road she wasn't having it.   She said if she wanted to watch something this stupid she has the Sharknados  (which yes she finds funny).

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm guessing Dory got shafted. I know it has its detractors, but it's certainly a hell of a lot better than that toxic waste near the bottom of the list.

It was clear when it didn't show up into the first ten spots that it wasn't going to be here

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

My mom couldn't get over Rooney Mara's look and gave up, roughly around the rape scene.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Hell or High Water

rkiQL6D.jpg

OZIk4yt.png

One of my favorite movies of the year. A pretty much modern day western with some really good performances. Jeff Bridges is still stuck playing Rooster Cogburn though.

USER REVIEWS:

Texas is very much an actual character in Hell or High Water, a modern day Western that is rooted in the economic trials and tribulations of Rural America that comes as a relief after a summer mostly filled with disappointing sequels and action movies. Screenwriter Taylor Sheridan is really starting to build a name for himself between this and the also-terrific Sicario. The movie is a slowburner that keeps us invested throughout due to the attention to its characters. The acting is top-notch: Jeff Bridges is in fine form as always (that scene between him, Gil Birmingham, and the old waitress: :lol:), while Chris Pine and Ben Foster are also excellent (Pine in particular gives a career-best performance). Sure, we've seen this kind of movie many, many times before, but rarely have they been executed this well. A-

-Filmlover

The final scene between Pine and Bridges is probably best of the year for me.

It's like a climax and epilogue in one and the acting is pitch perfect from both. It's incredible how tense it feels, despite the fact that it's 'over.'

I've always liked Chris Pine, as in, he's better than his pretty boy looks suggest, but here, he outdoes himself. He's got a certain weariness, a yearning to be done with everything that that really shows throughout, and that's not something every actor can express through their body language.

-MrPink

• Like 16

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

it was! and y'know the weird thing is that she had seen the swedish version before watching this one. finch really ramps it up though.

i haven't seen the swedish movies. i only saw the Fincher version cause Fincher did it.

Just now, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Very deserving.

• Like 1