grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

Spoiler

Moana

9Yzl953.jpg

1cex8o2.png

Didn’t actually watch this, but hey it stars The Rock and he never disappoints.

User Reviews:

The heart, the soul, the storytelling, the character development, the twists, the turns, and everything about Moana from the very tip to the core makes Moana one of the greatest Disney/movie experiences of all time.  I had high expectations going in, and Moana not only shattered those expectations with ease, but set new standards of animation and storytelling.

The storytelling might be cliche to others, it may be linear, it may seem as though you were already a way-finder and could navigate through every nook and cranny, but Moana is simply dazzling and extravagant.  The trailers, the teasers, the posters, etc... they do not do Moana enough justice in showing the grandeur and the very essence of what Moana is.  Moana is simply heartwarming, packed with emotion and thrill, and sets itself apart by not only digging into its own premise, but by providing theater goers a sense of relief from everyday events.  

Moana is not just good, it is amazing!  Is it better than Zootopia?  No, but it has its own niche and no longer needs to be compared to Zootopia. Moana will be remembered for a very long time not only because of its easy storytelling and great music, but because Moana herself and Maui have cemented themselves as some of the greatest characters ever produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios.  

Moana is the story that Disney has tried time and time again to tell, but never quite succeeded... until now.  Moana is a triumphant hark from Walt Disney Animation Studios.  Moana is Disney's call to all foes, challengers, and belittlers: we are at the top and we're not coming down.

A-

-CelestailFairy

Another delightful addition to Disney's canon that is filled with the magic of the studio's best efforts: gorgeous animation, great songs supplied by Lin-Manuel "Hamilton" Miranda ("How Far I'll Go" is destined to join their classic songs), plenty of laugh-out-loud moments, and a ton of heart. Newcomer Auli'i Cravalho makes Moana a terrific addition to the studio's line of strong female protagonists, while Dwayne Johnson continues to kill it in comedic roles. This is as good as Zootopia, Frozen, etc. and continues Disney's recent Pixar-esque run of quality animated films. A-

-Filmlover

• Like 21

Just now, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I knew this was going to be on the list, but I thought it'd be top 10 for sure. Still, good to see it on the list.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Crisis averted.

• Like 1