Jayhawk the Hutt

It Comes at Night | June 9, 2017 | A24 | Teaser in First Post

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Get Out should get a nod, I agree.  

You had me

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

And McAvoy better get a best actor nod.....I mean if that isn't the best performance of the year.....I don't know what will be.

And then you lost me

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You had me

And then you lost me

Like the movie or not, how can you deny that McAvoy gave a terrific performance?

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Like the movie or not, how can you deny that McAvoy gave a terrific performance?

Its impressive no doubt but so far this year I like both Jackman and Kaluuya better. Maybe Montgomery too

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Get Out should get a nod, I agree.  And McAvoy better get a best actor nod.....I mean if that isn't the best performance of the year.....I don't know what will be.

Daniel Day Lewis in a Paul Thomas Anderson movie, Gary Oldman in a Churchill biopic, Denzel Washington, etc...

It is a bit soon to say that a movie should get nods let alone wins (outside all time good type of stuff) it is not even june with most movies yet to be released.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Daniel Day Lewis in a Paul Thomas Anderson movie, Gary Oldman in a Churchill biopic, Denzel Washington, etc...

It is a bit soon to say that a movie should get nods let alone wins (outside all time good type of stuff) it is not even june with most movies yet to be released.

They won't touch McAvoy's performance this year.

It's not just a "fun performance", you say this because of the type of movie that Split is. James incorporated all the nuances of Kevin, he managed to differentiate one character from another through looks, he did one of the most expressive character constructions I've ever seen. A truly exemplar of tour de force.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This is the next big horror.

Also, McAvoy for the win. 

We'll see! From the consensus's this might be a little too art house for the GA. I won't read any full reviews (or watch them) but it sounds like this doesn't hold the audiences hand much like another recent film that I liked a lot....Personal Shopper (also had horror elements).

Excited for it.

• Like 1

Guys this is a great film and a24 is a great distributor but it's an arthouse product set in a horror world. If this does The Witch numbers it would be a huge success. I still really cheer for it though. Won't beat Mummy and won't make 80m. That's for sure. The buzz won't be that strong.