CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

http://deadline.com/2017/02/brad-pitt-ad-astra-james-gray-science-fiction-new-regency-the-lost-city-of-z-1201896977/

In Ad Astra (which means “to the stars” in Latin), Pitt would play the slightly autistic space engineer Roy McBride. Twenty years after his father left on a one-way mission to Neptune in order to find signs of extra-terrestrial intelligence, McBride travels through the solar system to find him and understand why his mission failed.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Something strange has been happening to me this summer. I start to think about how a certain star is doing and what the future holds for them in their career. Then many of the times, I find out that they're doing something that puts them right onto the limelight. It happened with the pop musician Ke$ha when I thought of how she had a 1500-ish SAT score and found out about her new single a day or two later.

Now I've thought about Ruth Negga and then found out that she's been cast in what will surely be a competent film at the very least.

I'm really happy for Ruth Negga! I'm sure she'll do a great job in this role.

• Like 2

For some reason everything but the title had completely escaped my notice until I saw Ruth was involved today, which already cinched my interest, but this?

journey across a lawless and unforgiving solar system

I never pass up a chance to see space on the big screen.

• Like 2

WTF. Hellboy is screwed because Brad Pitt is more bankable star and can take this film to decent gross if it is decent. But January release doesn't give me confidence. Maybe it will get a limited release in December if it is oscar worthy and then a wide release in January. Hellboy should move to MLK weekend.