CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

Just now, That One Guy said:

Wide on December 2 or limited?

I'm pretty sure the Deadline article meant to type either "21" or "25" at the end of that article but it cut off at the "2." A release on either of those dates before the wide release on January 11 would be in line with past Fox year end awards titles.

James Gray making this movie in his usual style *and* finally getting major recognition with it is probably a pipe dream but I have hopes nonetheless. Wasn't even too hot on Lost City of Z but he's still one of the most underrated directors working. It's also almost certainly bound to be Pitt's first big worthwhile turn since... Moneyball/Tree of Life? Man I didn't quite realize how much he's been slumming it this decade. 

• Like 3

Hoped this would give us a Darius Khondji-shot space movie but IMDb sez Hoyte's shooting this. What if Gray's about to pull a Nolan oh boy.

Also the cast as listed is pretty expansive, lots of actors in supporting and episodic roles. Not just gonna be Pitt by himself in space it looks like. I wonder what kind of budget this got.

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Exciting, I also am excited about “The Lighthouse”.  A horror film by Eggers based off of sea myths sounds phenomenal.

Im surprised there haven’t been any major horror films based off sea myths (not counting shark movies)