CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

This is likely going to get delayed at this point. I remember Gravity was supposed to come out Thanksgiving weekend 2012 but got pushed back by a year a few months before opening cause the effects work needed more time. James Gray seems to be this kind of director who likes to take his time as well.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

At least they're still releasing it... not only that, but i'm happy that there's another option besides Aladdin on that date. I might not be in the mood for a Disney film, you know?

I got some bad news about Fox, chief.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I wonder if it needs more time with the special effects, and the Fox people know it won't be ready before the switchover, and this is just their way of handing it off to Disney and saying "here you go, you figure out when you want to release it".

Just now, kitik said:

I wonder if it needs more time with the special effects, and the Fox people know it won't be ready before the switchover, and this is just their way of handing it off to Disney and saying "here you go, you figure out when you want to release it".

Maybe. I feel like Fox has kinda thrown in the towel.

1 hour ago, kitik said:

What a strange move, since by that time they'll both be Disney movies.

I expect further release date shuffling, from either this or Aladdin.

I don't think this is going to stick. It's probably just Fox playing musical chairs before the merger happens, as well as spreading word that this won't be an Oscar contender this year. Disney will probably move it somewhere else on the schedule later in the year. I can see this opening in November or December in limited release.