CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

Other than the ridiculous and implausible segment where he falls, the trailer was fine. I still wonder if there is something up with the film (besides Disney's takeover of Fox) that is the cause of all its release date drama.

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Other than the ridiculous and implausible segment where he falls, the trailer was fine. I still wonder if there is something up with the film (besides Disney's takeover of Fox) that is the cause of all its release date drama.

Why?

One quarter of the gravity at 6371 kilometres above the surface

13 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The release date drama isn’t really a surprise... Gray talks last year that he isn’t sure if the movie will be ready for the May release, basically because of the VFX and editing.

What we know is: the director himself didn’t think he could deliver the movie on the date and talk about this multiple times, Fox planned a test screening that is cancelled before it happened, there was some reshoots this year, Gray is working to get the movie done for the beginning of the award season (which is in September so it makes sense).

There are some rumors that the reshoots is because the movie is a mess and have bad reception on test screenings, but honestly i never find a good source, only average people on Twitter talking about this... and it doesn’t make sense considering the screening Fox actually planned was cancelled.

Edited by ThomasNicole

15 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Other than the ridiculous and implausible segment where he falls

I don't think there's anything too objectionable about that sequence. It's a great visual and I'm pretty sure all the physics check out. Granted, physics isn't my specialty, but my understanding is that a space elevator would have the same orbital velocity as the surface of the Earth, so if you stepped off one you would appear to fall straight down.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Constant test screenings for a movie are done if you are not confident at all in that product. 

1 test screening should be all that's needed to decide what works and what doesn't. 

In this case , there’s 0 test screening apparently, so they are completely confident? jk

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I'll probably see it, but the trailer really didn't do anything for me.

Yeah that's probably my take.  There was nothing interesting in that trailer at all.  I still may see it if I have a free ticket

this looks great and I want this to be brad's year where he wins acting Oscar, etc. 

Young TLJ photos, lmao! he used to smile. :lol: I knew it was him and I didn't even know who was in the cast aside Brad. 

I hope that the movie's twist isn't that Brad character is an alien or his double (like Annihilation BS). It does seem like something with a twist but please nothing so lame. 

I liked the trailer.  Fall Season is becoming pretty good to watch Hi Concept Sci Fi (Gravity/The Martian/Blade Runner 2049/Interstellar etc).  Also love the title as well.  Been a fan of Brad for years and he always gives a good performance to me.  You can feel this is a wild crazy mission just from the trailer.