CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

1 hour ago, JimiQ said:

Why?

One quarter of the gravity at 6371 kilometres above the surface

Unless his flight suit and helmet have some amazing properties, he would have burned up when falling through the ionosphere. Maybe there is some camera or editing trickery at play here but his fall is shown to continue through at least the stratosphere or the upper bounds of the troposphere which is where Cruise’s MI:Fallout jump occurred. Of course, there are also questions as to how he survived the fall or how he was rescued before impact, if he was. Then again, maybe the fall is merely a dream. Yes these are quibbles but the fall and his survival as depicted in the trailer are ridiculous.

It looks fine. For a movie about traveling to edge of the solar system (around Neptune I believe?) to find a missing father in search to extraterrestrial life, I expected it to be more "Sci-fi" looking, this actually looks kind of like First Man...

Still really excited though.

• Like 1

Not a big fan of James Gray but this looks amazing.

The trailer may be making it look more action packed or fast paced than what it's gonna end up being, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing if the movie delivers.

Overall a good trailer, I especially liked the first minute. And the special effects look already spectacular. From the second half of the trailer I'm not sure if it will indeed become a great film or if it will rather turn out as something that we have seen before storywise. But yes, overall it looks (very) appealing.

4 hours ago, NCsoft said:

It looks fine. For a movie about traveling to edge of the solar system (around Neptune I believe?) to find a missing father in search to extraterrestrial life, I expected it to be more "Sci-fi" looking, this actually looks kind of like First Man...

Still really excited though.

If you expected more scifi out of James Gray you don't know what you're watching.