CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

16 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Also the cast as listed is pretty expansive, lots of actors in supporting and episodic roles. Not just gonna be Pitt by himself in space it looks like. I wonder what kind of budget this got.

One little trick to have some clue

1) Look at where it is shot:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935510/locations?ref_=ttrel_ql_5

If it is New York, Louisiana, California it is possible to have some good idea

2) In this case it is a California movie

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2.0-Website-Approved-Projects-List-Online-12.11.17.pdf

2016-2017 Ad Astra Lima Project Films Feature Film Indie 60 1252 272 99 $ 49,751,000 $ 2,500,000

50 million below the line accepted cost in California, so probably a 65m to 90m type of movie.

Has for an expensive cast, except Pitt look pretty on the low cost no ? Lee Jones can make a fortune in a Men In Black but outside of those , I doubt Sutherland is that expensive.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

Just now, Morieris said:

One of my biggest regrets is never seeing Interstellar on the big screen. 

Have you ever seen it on the big sound at least ? That movie is quite the sound experiment and large part of the experience, not just Zimmer but what Nolan did with the sound design is quite bold, maybe my favorite aspect on that one.

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Have you ever seen it on the big sound at least ? That movie is quite the sound experiment and large part of the experience, not just Zimmer but what Nolan did with the sound design is quite bold, maybe my favorite aspect on that one.

I saw it on our 60 inch television with our soundbar, so that's something. I could listen to that rocket ambience bits all day.