WrathOfHan

The Beguiled | June 23, 2017 | Written and Directed by Sofia Coppola | Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst, Elle Fanning | EXCELLENT Reactions from Cannes!

When Sofia Coppola announces that she’s doing a remake of a 1971 Don Segal flick you can't help but be enticed. It's Sofia Coppola! Though I wasn’t fond of her previous theatrical release being The Bling Ring back in 2013, it was great to see that she’s back at it with a new take on a classic film.

REVIEW HERE: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//the-beguiled-review

I know I am going to get lots of eyerolls and Oh, hell naw!s for this, but I'd love to see what Sofia could do with a superhero movie. I know, I know she probably would not be caught dead doing that, but I am curious as to what kind of character work and emotional resonance she would bring to a CBM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

I know I am going to get lots of eyerolls and Oh, hell naw!s for this, but I'd love to see what Sofia could do with a superhero movie. I know, I know she probably would not be caught dead doing that, but I am curious as to what kind of character work and emotional resonance she would bring to a CBM.

she was signed on for Little Mermaid but dropped out after having creative differences with the studio.

i doubt she would adapt very well to working with less creative control. (no final cut in some instances)

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Elle Fanning is fast turning into the female Samuel L Jackson for the amount of movies she's popping up in.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. No one seems to see her movies anyways.

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

*eyeroll*

Oh hell naw!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Elle Fanning is one of the best young actresses out there. Shes probably just happy to be working. 

Have you seen 20TH CENTURY WOMEN yet? Benning and Gerwig get most of the credit (and I mean, they're both terrific) but Fanning stands her ground just a well. Her best performance to date, IMO.

6 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Her doing The Little Mermaid (well, almost) means she'd be up to do a big blockbuster. If Megan Ellison can back her up and let her ambition run wild, I'd love to see what she can do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jj99 said:

she was signed on for Little Mermaid but dropped out after having creative differences with the studio.

i doubt she would adapt very well to working with less creative control. (no final cut in some instances)

16 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

Her doing The Little Mermaid (well, almost) means she'd be up to do a big blockbuster. If Megan Ellison can back her up and let her ambition run wild, I'd love to see what she can do.

Was that a live action remake of Disney's The Little Mermaid or some other studio's take on the HCA tale? Just curious...

23 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Was that a live action remake of Disney's The Little Mermaid or some other studio's take on the HCA tale? Just curious...

It was Universal's project. SC apparently wanted to shoot it underwater so she overshot the budget. Her temporary attachment to the project did inspire this one Funny or Die! video featuring AnnaSophia Robb and Evan Peters.