YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe people assumed the Batman name would bring a bunch of additional Bat-fans?

It's How To Train Your Dragon 2 all over again although that was a sequel rather than a spin-off. I think most people's expectations were in check this time for Lego Batman, 

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm personally going with a 3.4x multi.

Hmm....

If WrathofHan's OW prediction is around 60m (rounded up from 57.7), that means that a 3.4x multi would give it 204m DOM, so my club may not be too fucked.

We'll see what the #s are when Rth comes in though. I'm still being cautious

Edited by franfar

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

jamie dornan is great on that The Fall teevee show. i don't think i've ever seen a more "i don't even want to be here" performance than him in that first fifty shades. and he's got strong competition there from literally every movie morgan freeman's been in this decade.

After what Jamie Dornan did to Gillian Andersen at the finale of The Fall, I cannot really watch him exploit some ingenue in this 50S movies. You  have to see Dornan 

Spoiler

beat the crap out of Andersen with his bare hands & legs

You just gotta see it. And watch these 50S movies again. 

Edited by zackzack

1 hour ago, AABATTERY said:

If John Wick 2 follows the internal multi of The Accountant, it could get above 30.

2.2M

11M

11.55M

7.37M

32.12M

I think I did the math right but it's a Saturday so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Doubtful, it probably skews younger because of the hard action element and it's a sequel.

• Like 1