YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

36 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think The Great Wall can do 25-26M 4 day weekend. Fist Fight seems to have a good enough concept to get 22-24M. A Cure for Wellness got two SB spots and I am still unsure it cracks the 7M for the 4 day weekend.

Buzz is nonexistent for Fist Fight. I have no idea why the hell people are predicting high teens+ for it.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Buzz is nonexistent for Fist Fight. I have no idea why the hell people are predicting high teens+ for it.

How much buzz did you notice for similar comedies like Ride Along 1/2? Assuming you remember

Edited by franfar

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

How much buzz did you notice for similar comedies like Ride Along 1/2? Assuming you remember

Ride Along 2 had..... the Conan video I guess? Idk. I don't see Fist Fight doing well regardless. The last trailer only has like 300k views.

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's the only comedy that isn't animation out there for a while, isn't it? Just that fact will have some people watching it.

Fist Fight is also going to have the definition of zero competition.  It is the first live action comedy since Why Him (8 weeks ago) and there isn't another comedy until CHiPs (5 weeks from now). 

13 weeks and it will be the only new comedy.  That alone should get it business even if it sucks. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

How do you guys think next weekend's releases will do?

Great Wall: 20M

Fist Fight: 15M

Wellness: 6M

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them were below 15M tbh.

I think Fist Fight could push towards $25M given that it's the first comedy in a while. Too bad the ad push hasn't been stronger or I think it would be a guarantee.

Great Wall is obviously gonna be a domestic flop and Cure for Wellness is likely gonna make peanuts.

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Fist Fight is also going to have the definition of zero competition.  It is the first live action comedy since Why Him (8 weeks ago) and there isn't another comedy until CHiPs (5 weeks from now). 

13 weeks and it will be the only new comedy.  That alone should get it business even if it sucks. 

And CHiPs definitely looks like a flop waiting to happen. Who the hell thought it was a good idea for Dax Shepard to be the lead in...well, anything?

• Like 1