YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

15 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Most of his performances really. People shit on him for his acting, though honestly I never thought he was "bad bad", just a limited actor, who when used right could be effective. 

I don't think he's a bad actor but he needs the right role, I'd love to see him do a comedy again but I doubt he's interested. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think he's a bad actor but he needs the right role, I'd love to see him do a comedy again but I doubt he's interested. 

I think he could do a comedy if the right role came along, but he seems more interested in indie type films these days, so it would have to be a "quirky" type of comedy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

7 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I think he could do a comedy if the right role came along, but he seems more interested in indie type films these days, so it would have to be a "quirky" type of comedy. 

Both he and Alex Winter want to do BILL AND TED 3.

12 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I loved Side by Side, the documentary he made a few years back. I'm guessing John Wick is the half way between his indie projects and more mainstream blockbusters. He's made so much money from The Matrix trilogy alone that he could do indie films for the rest of his career. 

A Sandra Bullock/Keanu reunion in a comedy would be great, they've done action and a romantic film so a comedy seems the logical third film for them to do or maybe Sandy could play a female assassin in John Wick 3!

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Both he and Alex Winter want to do BILL AND TED 3.

That would fit, and given where they wanna go with the third film, it'd probably be bizarre as hell. 

Of course, that would require another Bill and Ted film to actually get made, given how long they've clearly been trying to get it off the ground now. Development hell is such an ass.

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

That would fit, and given where they wanna go with the third film, it'd probably be bizarre as hell. 

Of course, that would require another Bill and Ted film to actually get made, given how long they've clearly been trying to get it off the ground now. Development hell is such an ass.

Every Keanu box-office hit has to help, no?

Presell that shit overseas and cobble together the (something like) $20m to get it done, someone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Presell that shit overseas and cobble together the (something like) $20m to get it done, someone.

Who has the Bill and Ted rights? Orion distributed it originally so I'm guessing it's MGM.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I loved Side by Side, the documentary he made a few years back. I'm guessing John Wick is the half way between his indie projects and more mainstream blockbusters. He's made so much money from The Matrix trilogy alone that he could do indie films for the rest of his career. 

A Sandra Bullock/Keanu reunion in a comedy would be great, they've done action and a romantic film so a comedy seems the logical third film for them to do or maybe Sandy could play a female assassin in John Wick 3!

I could see him teaming up with Bullock again in the future to do another romantic dramedy or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Oh of course. I'd gladly help fund a third Bill & Ted if I had the money. At this point, I'm expecting the sequel to involve Bill & Ted & their kids. The biggest issue at this point, though, would be trying to get around Carlin's passing. I suppose they'll just write the character off though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

I could see him teaming up with Bullock again in the future to do another romantic dramedy or something like that. 

Oh of course. I'd gladly help fund a third Bill & Ted if I had the money. At this point, I'm expecting the sequel to involve Bill & Ted & their kids. The biggest issue at this point, though, would be trying to get around Carlin's passing. I suppose they'll just write the character off though. 

Keanu could fund the movie himself if he wanted to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Keanu could fund the movie himself if he wanted to. 

True, and I doubt the film would require huge special effects or something very costly. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

True, and I doubt the film would require huge special effects or something very costly. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'm sure MGM with another studio distributing and/or co-funding would be up for it if the budget was right. 

BOGUS JOURNEY cost $20m in '91. That's not super-expensive, but not exactly cheap either. 

Then again, that was more of a high-concept story with (presumably) more VFX and sets and prosthetics than B&T3 (might) need.

Still seems like an obvious green-light to me unless the story is really weird. Even then, with nostalgia playing a big part in all these reboots/sequels, there's certainly a solid niche for it.

Then again, Hollywood is not exactly about logical choices.

• Like 2