YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

BOGUS JOURNEY cost $20m in '91. That's not super-expensive, but not exactly cheap either. 

Then again, that was more of a high-concept story with (presumably) more VFX and sets and prosthetics than B&T3 (might) need.

Still seems like an obvious green-light to me unless the story is really weird. Even then, with nostalgia playing a big part in all these reboots/sequels, there's certainly a solid niche for it.

Then again, Hollywood is not exactly about logical choices.

I think a $30-35m, maybe $40m at a push would be realistic for Bill and Ted 3, visual effects have come a long way and you could do it relatively cheaply and I imagine Keanu would take a pay cut to make the budget work

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think a $30-35m, maybe $40m at a push would be realistic for Bill and Ted 3, visual effects have come a long way and you could do it relatively cheaply and I imagine Keanu would take a pay cut to make the budget work

Yes, agreed. Get most of that covered with foreign presales and you're basically out 10m + marketing. And sure, you don't wanna spend 60m to market it, but you could do a campaign along the lines of DON'T BREATHE or THE SHALLOWS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

BOGUS JOURNEY cost $20m in '91. That's not super-expensive, but not exactly cheap either. 

Then again, that was more of a high-concept story with (presumably) more VFX and sets and prosthetics than B&T3 (might) need.

Still seems like an obvious green-light to me unless the story is really weird. Even then, with nostalgia playing a big part in all these reboots/sequels, there's certainly a solid niche for it.

Then again, Hollywood is not exactly about logical choices.

True dat!

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

they could just do a netflix movie like the pee wee herman thing. i've been waiting for a bill and ted 3 pretty much my entire life. definitely should bring william sadler back too. he shoulda got an oscar nod for bogus journey.

'91 was a damn good year for William Sadler. BOGUS JOURNEY and DIE HARD 2.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, agreed. Get most of that covered with foreign presales and you're basically out 10m + marketing. And sure, you don't wanna spend 60m to market it, but you could do a campaign along the lines of DON'T BREATHE or THE SHALLOWS.

I imagine whoever MGM would partner with to distribute would get the domestic and most of the OS rights, it does vary from film to film. 

Edited by Jonwo

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I think everyone's fave was JT Walsh. :lol: Dude was so epic in everything.

Loved Walsh. Another favorite was Brion James.  And they're still living but Michael Ironside and Ed O'Ross

• Like 1