grim22

Game Night | Feb 23 2018 | Warner Bros. Jason Bateman, Rachel McAdams

4 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

89% so far isn’t terrible for a comedy that I expected would be in the 30-40% range. It might drop to the 60’s by Thursday. But if not then this is so far decent wom by critics and could be decent counterprogramming against Black Panther!

I’m thinking it could drop to Horrible Bosses level but for a comedy today that isn’t too bad. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I’m thinking it could drop to Horrible Bosses level but for a comedy today that isn’t too bad. 

That would be a decent level. But opening weekend prospects could be interesting. But I’m thinking a $15-$20 million ow and $60 million total. The budget is probably $40 million

3 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That would be a decent level. But opening weekend prospects could be interesting. But I’m thinking a $15-$20 million ow and $60 million total. The budget is probably $40 million

Sounds about right. Hopefully it works as great counter programing for Black Panther. 

25 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Game Night proves that directors can bounce back from a not so great debut. WB/New Line Cinema clearly saw potential even though Vacation didn't turn out well to offer them another movie to direct. 

Makes sense now why they wanted them for Flashpoint. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I thought the new Vacation was funny. Sue me

legal papers on are on the way :P

but this movie could be another rare instance of the trailers are awful but the movie is good.  So hopefully that is the case.

• Like 2