YM!

Top 10 of 2018 predictions: From JAN 1st 2018 to DEC 31st 2018

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Jurrasic World 2 is gonna drop huge from the first one.

Was a flash in the pan and was a much more mediocre film compared to the avengers . 

$480-520M DOM for JW2 would still be a great number. Still a respectable and inevitable drop.

You seriously aren't assuming way lower than that because of your thoughts of it being mediocre? Sniff, sniff...... I smell wishful assumption. :ph34r:

You think it sucks so you think, much much lower for the next one, isn't it? "Huge" is too harsh of a word. Expected, yeah...but not too huge.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Jurrasic World 2 is gonna drop huge from the first one.

Was a flash in the pan and was a much more mediocre film compared to the avengers . 

Ultron dropped bigly from Avengers as well, so if you count JW as a flash in the pan, then so was Avengers. Also, JW actually had slightly better legs than Avengers despite opening slightly higher and facing (a lot) more competition. So JW being much more mediocre than Avengers is your opinion and does not reflect the GA's opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

Ultron dropped bigly from Avengers as well, so if you count JW as a flash in the pan, then so was Avengers. Also, JW actually had slightly better legs than Avengers despite opening slightly higher and facing (a lot) more competition. So JW being much more mediocre than Avengers is your opinion and does not reflect the GA's opinion.

I'm gonna have to agree. It really doesn't.

Even Beauty and the Beast..., like JW...also had the nostalgia & brand recognition boost to deliver huge numbers with similar critical reception. Just because one thought an uber-blockbuster was lame & crap, doesn't always mean thinking the next one will drop massive because of one person's opinion. They're not facts....they're opinions. Just simple opinions.

It's like "Oh, i hated the last one, so i assume the next one will drop much, much, much." Doesn't often work like that.

10 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Yeah that is why I expect a much more severe drop then Ultron Really.

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah that is why I expect a much more severe drop then Ultron Really.

Because you hated it....that's why you want the next one to drop much more to below $400M. Uurggh.....must we go through this again? Self-opinion doesn't guarantee that it's going to happen because you say so..and it's a fact IYO.

It will drop, but not much more as you want it to do. Which would put it at......,again...below $400M DOM. It would take a BvS-kind of reception for that to happen.

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Because you hated it....that's why you want the next one to drop much more to below $400M. Uurggh.....must we go through this again? Self-opinion doesn't guarantee that it's going to happen because you say so..and it's a fact IYO.

It will drop, but not much more as you want it to do. Which would put it at......,again...below $400M DOM. It would take a BvS-kind of reception for that to happen.

lmaoo

13 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It was nostalgia really, seeing dino again will not be that interesting. There was no strong yearning in the narrative for a sequel either. 

I think if they add a novelty to it, it could do near 500 million though.

JP2 declined by a lot you know.

Edited by Lordmandeep

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It was nostalgia really, seeing dino again will not be that interesting.

I think if they add a novelty to it, it could do near 500 million though.

JP2 declined by a lot you know.

Yeah....because it wasn't as beloved as it's predecessor "Jurassic Park", duh. That was a different time in 1997, and that film still had Spielberg as the director and Jeff Goldblum as the star. Now with a wider audience and theater counts, there is no way in hell JW2 does just JP2-numbers.

If JW2 can be an improvement reception-wise over JW1....i don't see how it does only average blockbuster-numbers.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah....because it wasn't as beloved as it's predecessor "Jurassic Park", duh. That was a different time in 1997, and that film still had Spielberg as the director and Jeff Goldblum as the star. Now with a wider audience and theater counts, there is no way in hell JW2 does just JP2-numbers.

I think it can do sub 450 easily. 

Predictions for the top 10 Summer movies of 2018 DOM (May-August):

01. Fallen Kingdom - 450M

02. Infinity War - 425M

03. Incredibles II - 380-400M

04. Solo - 375-385M

05. Deadpool 2 - 315M

06. Ant-Man And The Wasp - 200-215M

07. Mission: Impossible VI - 175-190M

08. Hotel Transylvania 3 - 135M

09. Ocean's Eight - 125-130M

10. Christopher Robin - 120-125M

• Like 1

Jurassic World 2 is actually a huge wildcard. Everything from as low as 350M to 550M is possible, depending on the quality i think. Im a harcore JP fan, but if the movie is bad, it will fare the same fate as Lost World percentige-wise, if not worse. Heres hoping (and thinking), that wont be the case. I dream of 500M+ and expect 420-460M.

We really need a teaser/trailer for the movie to have a better idea.

• Like 1

I really don't think that the direct sequel to a 660M making movie can actually drop below 400M; and I have faith in JA Bayona, as he is a better director than Colin Trevorrow and has some kind of experience with visual effect-heavy films (The Impossible and A Monster Calls.... which flopped big, but was still critically raved after all). This one also looks darker/more horrorish than the 1st one, which may lose the family friendly appeal a little but can also drive a stronger percentage of younger moviegoers (and considering that horror is the 2nd most popular genre in Hollywood today, behind superhero movies, I think that still bodes well for the overall appeal that Jurassic World 2 might still have).

I do agree that if it sucks, it's a lot easier for it to make only 400M or maybe even less, but even in that regard, I doubt it'll just drop off that harshly from its predecessor.

• Thanks 1