YM!

Top 10 of 2018 predictions: From JAN 1st 2018 to DEC 31st 2018

This is actually intresting. I have no time or will to make predictions but all I can say is that should Avatar 2 be released it will have no competition. It will be a cultural phenomenom especially WW.

Incredibles 2 should also be massive. JW2 and Han Solo as well but maybe no more than 500m. (JW was not received that well and Han Solo maybe be TOO much SW for the GA)

Well, I also hope (and I think it will happen) that Fantastic Beasts 2 will increase. +900m WW and 250m DOM.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

This is actually intresting. I have no time or will to make predictions but all I can say is that should Avatar 2 be released it will have no competition. It will be a cultural phenomenom especially WW.

Incredibles 2 should also be massive. JW2 and Han Solo as well but maybe no more than 500m. (JW was not received that well and Han Solo maybe be TOO much SW for the GA)

Well, I also hope (and I think it will happen) that Fantastic Beasts 2 will increase. +900m WW and 250m DOM.

I'd expect a FB2 to decrease slightly or remain flat. Any thoughts on Infinity War?

3 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Why are people still putting Avatar 2 in their predictions? I thought it was no longer a sure thing for 2018.

Well nothing's really a "sure thing" at this point, but if they're starting actor filming in August it's a realistic possibility it could be ready in time

3 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Why are people still putting Avatar 2 in their predictions? I thought it was no longer a sure thing for 2018.

Right now Han Solo is officially in May and "Untitled Fox/Lightstorm" is in December 2018.  I'd give Avatar less than 50% chance of making that date, but that's the schedule for now.

13 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

WW-Wise:

1. Avatar 2 (If it doesn't move) = $2.2B

2. Jurassic World 2 = $1.5-1.6B

3. The Incredibles 2 = $1.375B

4. Avengers: Infinity War P1 = $1.350B

5. Han Solo = $1.1B

6. Gigantic = $940M

7. Mission Impossible 6 = $930M

8. Fantastic Beasts 2 = $920M

9. Deadpool 2 = $870M (If China helps)

10. Mulan = $850M

All of these are overestimated.

• Like 1

Ready Player One could break out but I think we'll need a trailer first. It has a plum release date and while Spielberg hasn't had a huge hit since War of the Worlds and Crystal Skull, the subject matter is ready made for a blockbuster. I imagine WB will be start promoting from Comic Con onwards. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Having the Avengers plus the Guardians should draw substantial interest, provided the movie has a reception similar to the first Avengers and not the second.

Agreed expect a club for that.

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

So they're shit predictions is what you're saying.

Just saying that as a prognosticator I'm hardly worth writing home about. I believe in my predictions, but I'm well aware they're not the most well-researched nor well-organized as some other members of this forum.

• Like 1