AniNate

Wonder | Stephen Chbosky | 11/17/17 | J Tremblay, J Roberts, O Wilson

19 hours ago, baumer said:

No need to anymore.  This thread is active and your's only has one post.....

i know but I loved the book :( this is my mockingjay, my YA adaptation to stan for

oh well tribefan wins this round; perhaps when they make an Andrew Stanton biopic, I will get the thread active first!

Got the trailer with Spider-Man. Looks schmaltzy as all hell but Tremblay seems like he can really pull off the precocious-child act. Might be enough to win over a big audience.

Edited by tribefan695

I honestly can't wait, I don't care how sappy it looks this movie is going to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Funny, the bully at the beginning "I've never seen anything so ugly in my life" is one of my friends in vancouver's best friends, they go to school together, and she said everyone now teases him like "dude why were you so mean to Auggie he never did anything to you!"

• Haha 2

Jeez, people seem to be allergic to sincerity.

Everything is "sappy, schmaltzy, cringey." To me this looks sincere.

I bet that now someone will mention some dull, pretentiously boring art film as an example of "sincere art that is not manipulative," but to be frank I don't have a problem with manipulative tear jerkers.

There is nothing wrong with that.

I go to the movies to see 'life' enhanced by big emotions, larger-than-life sentiments, and powerful narrative gestures.

If I wanted to watch a "nuanced, realistic" portrayal of life, I would go to Youtube and watch a documentary (which is also fine, I guess).

• Like 2

You can certainly be both sincere and sappy, schmaltzy and cringey.

I'm sure this movie will find an audience and probably isn't as aggressively cutesy as the trailer but right now it looks like a Nicholas Sparks adaptation for kids.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

The kid should be uglier. He's the definition of Hollywood ugly. Otherwise looks good. This should make a solid 50M at least in the U.S., the book is like The Fault in Our Stars popular for kids under 13.

@Stutterng baumer Denbrough @Ethan Hunt if you want a book like TFiOS that takes place earlier in life, highly recommend the book of it. A very real story about fourth graders that although it's about kids, is very well told and a tear-jerker in the best way.

• Like 3