Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If I see two movies on my day off school tomorrow which of these do I do? (Split/Lego Batman/John Wick 2)

Definitely Wick 2, the latter is up to you. All 3 are good movies though.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Your Name was the best animation last year.

Zootopia, Moana and Finding Dory are all close together.

imho

IMO, Zootopia was clearly a cut above Moana or Dory.

The real shame is Jungle Book, which was arguably even better than Zootopia, it was one of the 10 best of the 140 films i saw in theaters last year. But nobody could figure out if it was truly 'animated' or not. Should have gotten a Best Picture nod. 

Edited by SteveJaros

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Alright I'm set on Wick. Leaning towards Split for the second. Reception I've heard on here for Lego Batman hasn't seemed that hot

Split is return to form for M. Night. Lego Batman is good but not as good as The Lego Movie. I'd give both a B+. Depends on what you are in the mood for.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Split is return to form for M. Night. Lego Batman is good but not as good as The Lego Movie.

IMO, a partial return to form. His best form is "unbreakable", which IMO is one of the most underrated movies of the past 20 years. Split doesn't really approach that level.

Agree about Lego Batman/LM though. :)

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lego Batman is an 8/10. It's fine, but you're not going to remember it a day later. Split has two excellent performances, great technical aspects, and an ending that will have you thinking for days.

The ending doesn't make you think at all. :lol: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The ending doesn't make you think at all. :lol: 

It bumped your grade from a C to a B, so it definitely made you think.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that's an 8/10? and for real you forgot it in a day? what are you the memento guy?

THINK. I MEANT THINK.

3 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Who?

This DC fanboy with a hate for the MCU and anything Nolan including The Dark Knight Saga who praises the DCEU and Batman and Robin. I remember seeing a YouTube video a few months ago when Suicide Squad came out.

Edited by YourMother