Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I keep on hearing Get Out ads on Spotify. Universal is definitely marketing it well.

I've been getting Get Out ads all over YouTube, starting to think this might make a $25M OW.

• Community Manager
Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I just came out of my Great Wall showing. I'm very disappointed. You have let me down, Matt Damon.

That makes me happy I saw Fist Fight this weekend instead.

You know-I actually know a few people who wanted to see Wellness.

I don't think I saw ANYTHING for Fist Fight.
As for Great Wall-there was a trailer I think at Suicide Squad but I don't think I saw anything for it since.

Don't think I've seen anything for next week's releases either.

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I just came out of my Great Wall showing. I'm very disappointed. You have let me down, Matt Damon.

To me its surprising Matt Damon would agree to be in that crap. It's one of those movies in which TV Stars who think they should be Movie Stars would star in.

2 hours ago, AaronL said:

I'm probably going to end up buying a ticket for Rock Dog (and The Shack) :sarah:

If you are part of Regal Club, apparently I got auto-enrolled into some Lionsgate thing since I watched JW2 in Regal (and yes, I plan to watch Power Rangers).  Basically, if you watch all four, you get digital copies of the movies when they come out (I want JW2...) along with extra bonus points (and a free popcorn after your 3rd movie).  So, IF i purchase tickets on a Tuesday matinee for the other 2 ($5)...I'm looking at $10 for Digital Copies of all four (or basically just JW2...and hopefully Rangers is good).  Maybe I can sell the codes for the other 2 on ebay or something.

Just walk into a different movie.

40 minutes ago, Impact said:

Arrival is currently at 99.9M. That be funny if they stopped tracking it now.

The only time that has happened in history 

Gnomeo and Juliet

Domestic Total Gross: $99,967,670
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: February 11, 2011
Genre: Animation Runtime: 1 hrs. 24 min.
MPAA Rating: G Production Budget: N/A
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The only time that has happened in history 

Gnomeo and Juliet

Domestic Total Gross: $99,967,670
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: February 11, 2011
Genre: Animation Runtime: 1 hrs. 24 min.
MPAA Rating: G Production Budget: N/A

As long as I live, I'm not sure I'll understand just how that movie ended up being successful. Disney basically disowned it (hence the Touchstone label), and yet it still came within a whisker of $100 million.

4 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

As long as I live, I'm not sure I'll understand just how that movie ended up being successful. Disney basically disowned it (hence the Touchstone label), and yet it still came within a whisker of $100 million.

James McAvoy. His power 

Solid hold for Lego Batman, even if it's not as impressive as The Lego Movie's performance over President's Day weekend three years ago. It still has a shot at the $200 million milestone.

Fifty Shades Darker held up okay, but it had the added benefit of getting its Valentine's Day bump during the week this time around. Nevertheless, it's impressive that its second weekend isn't off all that far from that of the first film, and that it will ultimately retain around 80% of that film's gross.

The Great Wall had a ho-hum opening, but that hardly matters considering that the film was made with an eye on international box office.

John Wick: Chapter 2 had a mightily impressive multiplier this time out. Hopefully it's a sign of even better holds to come!

Fist Fight didn't make much of a dent. The advertising was decidedly unfunny, so I'm not surprised that audiences simply stayed away.

Hidden Figures, Split, and La La Land are still kicking ass in the longevity department.

A Cure for Wellness bombed hard, just as expected. As intriguing as the film looks on a visual level, it was a given that audiences were never going to go for a 2.5-hour horror film with no big-name stars, and the weak reviews served as the last nail in the coffin. That being said, with its distinct style taken into consideration, I could totally see it finding a cult following down the road.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TLK said:

Didn't they run a Super Bowl ad for ACFW ? Damn. That must have cost them more than they will make on the opening weekend.

Fox had the Superbowl and are distributing ACFW. The SB spot cost them basically nothing in terms of actual money.