That One Girl

The First Purge | July 4, 2018 | Universal | James DeMonaco writing, not directing

Behind every tradition lies a revolution.  Next Independence Day, witness the rise of our country’s 12 hours of annual lawlessness.  Welcome to the movement that began as a simple experiment: The First Purge. To push the crime rate below one percent for the rest of the year, the New Founding Fathers of America (NFFA) test a sociological theory that vents aggression for one night in one isolated community.  But when the violence of oppressors meets the rage of the marginalized, the contagion will explode from the trial-city borders and spread across the nation.

new synopsis

Edited by Porthos

That was a great trailer.  Really hits the mark.

I've enjoyed all the Purge's so far and I think this will miss Grillo a little, but I've always been curious about how the whole thing began.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

They found their footing with the series after the first film. 2nd and 3rd are just fun action films. 

agreed, the first one is easily the weakest one, then yes they found the right direction for the rest

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

I think I saw part of one of these where some girl wanted a candy bar or something.   I think it was a Purge film.   All I remember is the actress was horrible in the scene

yeah that was the last movie (part 3) agreed, she was awful and I was so glad when she literally got her face shot off :P     

easily one of scenes I got the most satisfaction from in a movie :P 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, 75Live said:

agreed, the first one is easily the weakest one, then yes they found the right direction for the rest

First one was just a routine Home Invasion Thriller..and a weak one at that. The second and third were fun.

I admit, the title of the fourth film is a good way to get out of corner they painted themselves into with pretty much implying that the Purges would end at the climax of the third film.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, grim22 said:

This thing will be huge. I can see a 50M extended 5-day opening for it. Perfect timing for the movie and the red hat will get it a lot of free publicity.

Nah, attacks on Trump are a dime a dozen nowdays.

• Like 1